A Fun, New Hex Idea!
Name: Hex: Quiet Cries
Effect: If the first totem cleared is a Dull Totem, 1/2/2 Survivors have their auras exposed to the Killer, when outside the Killer's terror Radius, for 20/30/40 seconds, or until a Survivor is hit, whichever comes first. This Totem turns into a Dull Totem after the first totem of a match is cleansed.
To be clear: For this Totem to go off AT ALL, the FIRST totem cleansed has to be Dull. And if ANY totem is cleansed, Dull or Lit, this totem turns off. So even if it does not proc, it turns off. And if ANY Survivor is hit, the aura reading ends. Even if it's not one of the Survivors with their aura exposed. Distortion, and perks like it, will block the aura reading if a Survivor using it is targeted.
Notes: Just an idea that came to me. I had to put it down or it would keep bouncing in my head.
Comments
I mean, it's a cool idea in theory but it's literally useless for a couple reasons:
A.) Why not just stick with the best perk in the game, Whispers?
B.) Why should i gamble with the first totem cleansed being a dull?
C.) Why would it even be a hex? There's no point of it. What happens if it gets destroyed before any other totem?
A) Why not both?
B) Same gamble on Haunted Ground; you're gambling they find HG and cleanse it.
C) That's also part of it's balance. I mean, being able to see half the team for nearly a minute is pretty powerful, so it needs some hefty downsides.
But again, the biggest issue is that I can get basically the same effect with Whispers; I can use that all game AND with no pre-req. It just wouldn't be worth it.