Do I need to worry?

There was a security breach on the forums recently, as you guys know.. so do I need to worry about hackers getting my password?

I use it for more than just DBD forums and I really don't want to have to reset my password on everything.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • i opened the link they provided and i could only read chinese in there (not literally chinese) ? So who knows?

  • I would definitely change my password on the email address that you've used for the forums, and if you have other accounts anywhere using that email address. I'm not saying there is any risk at the present time, but it's always better to be safer in these matters.

  • @Mandy said:

    I would definitely change my password on the email address that you've used for the forums, and if you have other accounts anywhere using that email address. I'm not saying there is any risk at the present time, but it's always better to be safer in these matters.

    so we should change our email client's password too then? the email i use here is the one i use for my everyday mails

  • @Jimsalabim I personally would, it's probably not needed because everything is encrypted but I'm personally over cautious and I change my passwords regularly anyway.

  • @lynelmane said:

    There was a security breach on the forums recently, as you guys know.. so do I need to worry about hackers getting my password?

    I use it for more than just DBD forums and I really don't want to have to reset my password on everything.

    You should never use the same password for more than one service, especially if your credit card or other personal information is on one of those with the same password. Go change the passwords of anything that has the same email/password combination as this.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    This is such a pain... you know how many websites I use that password on? Now I have to change everything...

    That's kind of your own fault, tbh. It's common knowledge not to use the same password for multiple places for this very reason. There are also apps and browser plug ins that make random passwords for you.

  • @Mandy said:

    I would definitely change my password on the email address that you've used for the forums, and if you have other accounts anywhere using that email address. I'm not saying there is any risk at the present time, but it's always better to be safer in these matters.

    Please make sure the Deathgarden forums also gives users an alert I don't see one on the Deathgarden forums.

  • Any security expert will tell you: DON'T USE THE SAME PASSWORD ON TWO SITES.

  • Honestly you'll more than likely be fine regardless, but might as well use it as an "excuse" to tidy up your passwords a bit. This is the case for most leaks, but if you do use the same password "everywhere" you really should get around to changing that.

    Least you should do is make sure you have a seperate password for anything with actual payment info tied to it (like Steam, Paypal and so on) or with real personal information on it, preferably a seperate Email address and username (if applicable) for such services as well if at all possible.

  • No you’re good, just change the password you use for this site

  • @oxygen said:

    Honestly you'll more than likely be fine regardless, but might as well use it as an "excuse" to tidy up your passwords a bit. This is the case for most leaks, but if you do use the same password "everywhere" you really should get around to changing that.

    Least you should do is make sure you have a seperate password for anything with actual payment info tied to it (like Steam, Paypal and so on) or with real personal information on it, preferably a seperate Email address and username (if applicable) for such services as well if at all possible.

    my steam password is (was) the same as my forums password, but my username is not. I don't know the probability of someone logging into my steam account if theyre not on my pc.. also my banking password is vastly different than any password i've ever had. I should change my email password too then. thank you