About the complains about the Rift and Tome

*Story time*

Ive seen after the release of the rift enough posts where ppl say the challenges are too hard and the Rift too grindy. In my opinion these are those ppl that play 1-2 hours per day or stay afk for the of the time or just are trolls. I played every day only 4 hours because I am busy with my study and I am rift level 54 atm. I didnt grind much and was even playing world of warcraft while I played dbd. My best friend came from her study at home 2 weeks later, she couldnt play at ALL. And she played with me and other friends and now she is Rift level 28 after 4 days grinding. She is survivor main and NEVER plays killer, she has all killers on level 1 and is srsly trash as killer, she plays with controller on PC and cant even hit lunges. But she STILL managed to finish ALL killer challanges, only I had to do for her the "grab a survivor" challange but she managed the rest completly alone.

*Story time end*

So on this example you can see even a casuall playing girl can manage to do all challanges even the killer side with 2 weeks handicap and ppl want to say the Rift is too grindy and the challanges on the Tome are too hard? Come on guys this is beyond a joke... like srsly... I cant even say more to that topic, it is just not funny anymore to see those complains. The devs made the Rift xp really well and the challanges are just buggy, they are not hard, just BUGGY. Sometimes the progression doesnt save properly and that is in my eyes the only issue with the Tome.

Thanks for your time for reading.

Comments

  • The devs themselves said that the rift was supposed to be able to be completed by people who only play an hour a day. Also, you can't be that busy with studying if you have the opportunity to play for 4 hours a day.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    *Story time*

    Ive seen after the release of the rift enough posts where ppl say the challenges are too hard and the Rift too grindy. In my opinion these are those ppl that play 1-2 hours per day or stay afk for the of the time or just are trolls. I played every day only 4 hours because I am busy with my study and I am rift level 54 atm. I didnt grind much and was even playing world of warcraft while I played dbd. My best friend came from her study at home 2 weeks later, she couldnt play at ALL. And she played with me and other friends and now she is Rift level 28 after 4 days grinding. She is survivor main and NEVER plays killer, she has all killers on level 1 and is srsly trash as killer, she plays with controller on PC and cant even hit lunges. But she STILL managed to finish ALL killer challanges, only I had to do for her the "grab a survivor" challange but she managed the rest completly alone.

    *Story time end*

    So on this example you can see even a casuall playing girl can manage to do all challanges even the killer side with 2 weeks handicap and ppl want to say the Rift is too grindy and the challanges on the Tome are too hard? Come on guys this is beyond a joke... like srsly... I cant even say more to that topic, it is just not funny anymore to see those complains. The devs made the Rift xp really well and the challanges are just buggy, they are not hard, just BUGGY. Sometimes the progression doesnt save properly and that is in my eyes the only issue with the Tome.

    Thanks for your time for reading.

    Of course she'd be at rift level 28 with 2 tomes worth of challenges. We started at like tome level 7 and got 16-17 levels from the tomes alone.

    If you managed Rift level 54 alone by playing 4 hours a day, then either you grinded them by sitting in a match for exactly 5 minutes a day, or had literally 5 minute games every game. I've played 5 hours in one day, or longer, and not gotten a single rift level. Also this:

    @indieeden7 said:

    The devs themselves said that the rift was supposed to be able to be completed by people who only play an hour a day. Also, you can't be that busy with studying if you have the opportunity to play for 4 hours a day.


    As for the tomes, they're not a problem, aside from encouraging bad play on the survivor parts.

  • @Atrushan88

    She didnt do the first tome yet, she just did the second yet. But I know what you mean. Also I am spirit main, so you can imagin how I get so much xp xD. I wanted to say with that post that ppl say they are still Rift level 20 or below and it is tO GrInDY.

  • @indieeden7

    Yep thats what I mean, but there are still many ppl outside that say it is not possible. And I am until 16 not at home, when I come home I study 1 hour atleast and then eating and relaxing abit from the day. Then it is already 18-19, so I can play 3-4 hourse and it is already night, so yes, I cant play longer, those 3-4 hours are already at my limit of sleep cycle. :)

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @Atrushan88

    She didnt do the first tome yet, she just did the second yet. But I know what you mean. Also I am spirit main, so you can imagin how I get so much xp xD. I wanted to say with that post that ppl say they are still Rift level 20 or below and it is tO GrInDY.

    So basically what you are saying is, just play good killers and you'll get farther in the rift.

  • @Atrushan88

    I am not sure if you get more xp by finishing matches faster or whatever, I want to say that if ppl are still below level 20 or 30 by playing the half day, then they are clearly doing something wrong or maybe the xp system is bugged for some players? Maybe you can help me out and say how you get the most amount of xp, would be helpfull for me too :)

    Also I get the same xp as survivor, even when I just had 8k BP and died really early by a tunneling killer (no offence). I mostly get 400-600 xp every match.

  • @Atrushan88

    Also I played most of the time swf. Basiclly 80% of the time I played since the Rift came out swf.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @Atrushan88

    I am not sure if you get more xp by finishing matches faster or whatever, I want to say that if ppl are still below level 20 or 30 by playing the half day, then they are clearly doing something wrong or maybe the xp system is bugged for some players? Maybe you can help me out and say how you get the most amount of xp, would be helpfull for me too :)

    Also I get the same xp as survivor, even when I just had 8k BP and died really early by a tunneling killer (no offence). I mostly get 400-600 xp every match.

    If that's the case, then you just have insanely fast queue times. It takes me 5-10 minutes or so to get into a game, longer with the connection error bugs.

    From what people have told me, 5 minutes is the sweet spot for exp in a trial. I think they said anything after that you get either nothing or diminishing returns.

    @BenZ0 said:

    @Atrushan88

    Also I played most of the time swf. Basiclly 80% of the time I played since the Rift came out swf.

    I only play a 2 man SWF if I ever play SWF.

  • I haven't seen anyone complaining about challanges other then tiny rewards they are giving. What stings is amount of time you have to spend on it to reach the end of it.

  • I legit can't get Fight Back, in the ranks I'm playing I just see Spirits/ Ghostfaces/ Huntresses so they will obviously respect pallets. RIP. Takes me one try to get the Dark Sense one and it's taking me 4 hours to get this one :(