I figured out why people camp

When teammates who don't have two brain cells to rub together continue to flock to the hook knowing full well that the killer is waiting, the killer knows he has it made if he stays put.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Valid strategy. If the killer knows they’re close enough and he could get another easy down why on earth would the killer leave!? The longer the survivors wait and not do gens the worse it is for them. That’s why as survivor if I see camping I go straight for a gen to take control. Once they see gens popping they start to realized they need to do something

  • I'm not saying it's not valid. When I play killer, if I see someone hovering around the hooked guy, that's who my next target is. As survivor, I agree with you. If killer is camping I go to a gen and take care of business. I'm just saying survivors are playing into the killers hands and almost forcing them to camp by going for unsafe saves.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    When teammates who don't have two brain cells to rub together continue to flock to the hook knowing full well that the killer is waiting, the killer knows he has it made if he stays put.

    In low tiers maybe. In higher tiers I don't see this near as often, and yet I sometimes still see campers, especially on weekends.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/104850/i-figured-out-why-people-camp

    In low tiers maybe. In higher tiers I don't see this near as often, and yet I sometimes still see campers, especially on weekends.

    You're right, u didn't see this much in red ranks last season, but after reset I've seen it twice. IDC in the end if they want to camp. I just have to laugh/cry a bit when I see it happen

  • It's not camping if they run into your waiting arms.

  • Had a game like that earlier where I had literally the entire team constantly flocking around the hook. I have no reason to check gens if I count 4 heads in 1 spot. The game just consisted of abunch of hook trades until everyone died.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Had a game like that earlier where I had literally the entire team constantly flocking around the hook. I have no reason to check gens if I count 4 heads in 1 spot. The game just consisted of abunch of hook trades until everyone died.

    I always find it hilarious when I get matched vs. a group of survivors who do this.

    I had a game the other day where I hooked someone right next to my Ruin totem; I was actually annoyed at first because I figured I had just made a big mistake hooking them there. But the entire team just swarmed it until they were all dead. They could not just leave it alone.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/843363#Comment_843363

    I always find it hilarious when I get matched vs. a group of survivors who do this.

    I had a game the other day where I hooked someone right next to my Ruin totem; I was actually annoyed at first because I figured I had just made a big mistake hooking them there. But the entire team just swarmed it until they were all dead. They could not just leave it alone.

    I kept getting people running around shack, where I had their teammate hooked in the basement... Or constantly hanging around to try flashlight saves.

  • @Spirez said:

    Valid strategy. If the killer knows they’re close enough and he could get another easy down why on earth would the killer leave!? The longer the survivors wait and not do gens the worse it is for them. That’s why as survivor if I see camping I go straight for a gen to take control. Once they see gens popping they start to realized they need to do something

    You can't do generators fast enough if the killer has Ruin and NOED.

    Upon all of what I mentioned, if you're solo, you have to check to see if the killer is camping before you even begin to start punishing it.


    That's basically around 1/4 of their hook state gone from checking, and now you have to cleanse 5 totems as well as complete 5 generators within 1 minute and 30 seconds.

    I'm not done yet, you have to do this with 3 survivors too.


    If the survivor team doesn't complete a few generators or totems before the killer begins to camp, that's a game over. 😕


    To clarify:

    I have nothing against camping when the killer has a valid reason to camp such as a survivor leaving scratch marks in the area. However, when camping is being used incorrectly, that's when I think there should be a harsher camping punishment. 🤗😁

  • Goodness, I had these guys make it so obvious what they were doing, try hard sweaty SWF bitches. I would hook them and I just KNEW someone was nearby so every time I hooked someone I would take a quick look around and bam someone and sometimes everyone was right there. I wasn't camping, it was a tactical maneuver based off previous behavior. It was very entertaining to watch them fail so hard because they just couldn't walk away, they just had to be helpful, poor babies.

    Then tonight I had a match go sideways real fast, lost chases, lost gens I was trying to keep, I Hooked a Nea in the Basement just as the last Gen was done and I saw 1 person on a door with BBQ but everyone else was invisible so I camping was the right move. I was hoping I could get more than 1 down as they went for the save but it just didn't happen sadly.

    Camping is a valid strategy, sometimes it's necessary and sometimes it is 100% unnecessary and it is those times that make you a bad Killer.

  • @HatCreature said:

    Goodness, I had these guys make it so obvious what they were doing, try hard sweaty SWF bitches. I would hook them and I just KNEW someone was nearby so every time I hooked someone I would take a quick look around and bam someone and sometimes everyone was right there. I wasn't camping, it was a tactical maneuver based off previous behavior. It was very entertaining to watch them fail so hard because they just couldn't walk away, they just had to be helpful, poor babies.

    Then tonight I had a match go sideways real fast, lost chases, lost gens I was trying to keep, I Hooked a Nea in the Basement just as the last Gen was done and I saw 1 person on a door with BBQ but everyone else was invisible so I camping was the right move. I was hoping I could get more than 1 down as they went for the save but it just didn't happen sadly.

    Camping is a valid strategy, sometimes it's necessary and sometimes it is 100% unnecessary and it is those times that make you a bad Killer.

    I can agree with this! 😁🤗

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/843247#Comment_843247

    You can't do generators fast enough if the killer has Ruin and NOED.

    Upon all of what I mentioned, if you're solo, you have to check to see if the killer is camping before you even begin to start punishing it.

    That's basically around 1/4 of their hook state gone from checking, and now you have to cleanse 5 totems as well as complete 5 generators within 1 minute and 30 seconds.

    I'm not done yet, you have to do this with 3 survivors too.

    If the survivor team doesn't complete a few generators or totems before the killer begins to camp, that's a game over. 😕

    To clarify:

    I have nothing against camping when the killer has a valid reason to camp such as a survivor leaving scratch marks in the area. However, when camping is being used incorrectly, that's when I think there should be a harsher camping punishment. 🤗😁

    There is perks like kindred which is rumored to now be based off of your teammates in the coming ptb. What I mean by this is currently if you have kindred when you are on the hook then it shows your teammates the auras. New version will now show you the auras if you’re not on the hook. So it only works when others are hooked. Anyways there is other killer detection perks to help with that but most of the time they’re close enough for you to find out if they’re camping or not. And hex ruin isn’t that big of a deal to just hit great skill checks. It just takes practice the more you play with it the better you’ll get. Better than wasting time looking for it. Everytime hex Ruin is on I go find a gen and look for a common totem spot next to the gen if it’s not a hex then onto the gen and I repeat from gen to gen until I either find the hex or we get all 5 gens done.