Incentive to Cleanse against The Plague...

I don't know how much this has or hasn't been brought up because I have just joined the forum.

But...

I was wondering if there could be a change to The Plague where you could cleanse yourself at a fountain before becoming fully diseased/broken without turning the fountain red. I think this would help open the way towards more constructive play when faced off with a plague as a killer. A survivor wouldn't be damned to just be sick once they touch something diseased just because another diseased survivor decided to give a helping hand. I feel there would be more meaning behind The Plague actually making sure people got fully diseased in the first place. Red fountains would still stop people from cleansing there, but maybe survivors wouldn't see the auras of fountains until they're fulling sick. I think this would also have the benefit of removing the idea that The Plague is a direct counter to all forms of healing. I think it would be fair that if you were to cleanse while hurt, but not fully diseased that then you would still stay hurt and could now make use of perks that were brought in just for healing.

I know everyone seems to have their one or few things about this game that they just roll their eyes at, but for me, facing off against The Plague just feels very one note boring whether its a win or a loss.

Comments

  • I mean that would only help survivors for early game.

    In late game it wouldn't make a diffrence

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    In my personal oppinon pleage should have pestilence tiers similar to doctors madbness tiers

    Default Tier 1: Fever

    Survivors suffer from x% ineficancy

    Tier 2: Fatigue

    Takes 60 seconds to progress or 6 seconds of pleage vomiting on victim, survivors suffer from ineficancy as well as the hinderd and exaustion effect

    Tier 3: Wither and Decay

    Takes additonal 60 seconds from tier 2 or 6 more seconds of pleage vomiting to progress. you are injured periodically every 60 seconds, the next time you are healed will inflict the broken status effect thus you will be put into the dying state the next injuty progression cycle

    Progressed tiers of pleage can spread to healthy survivors.

    And this shouldn't be a thing unless corrupted purge gets nerfed.

  • Survivors don't cleanse to deny her power. With the no heal meta that we are in, survivors are fine with being in the injured state. This suggestion only seems to further deny her from a power already controlled by survivors in exchange for a free heal.

  • It's not for the survivors' sake that people suggest incentives to cleanse whenever balance discussions around Plague come up. The reason that incentivising survivors to cleanse is important is because otherwise Plague can't use half her power. Making it so that cleansing early enough just stops you from getting sick without any kind of tradeoff is a direct nerf to a killer who doesn't need one.

  • @Stray said:

    I don't know how much this has or hasn't been brought up because I have just joined the forum.

    But...

    I was wondering if there could be a change to The Plague where you could cleanse yourself at a fountain before becoming fully diseased/broken without turning the fountain red. I think this would help open the way towards more constructive play when faced off with a plague as a killer. A survivor wouldn't be damned to just be sick once they touch something diseased just because another diseased survivor decided to give a helping hand. I feel there would be more meaning behind The Plague actually making sure people got fully diseased in the first place. Red fountains would still stop people from cleansing there, but maybe survivors wouldn't see the auras of fountains until they're fulling sick. I think this would also have the benefit of removing the idea that The Plague is a direct counter to all forms of healing. I think it would be fair that if you were to cleanse while hurt, but not fully diseased that then you would still stay hurt and could now make use of perks that were brought in just for healing.

    I know everyone seems to have their one or few things about this game that they just roll their eyes at, but for me, facing off against The Plague just feels very one note boring whether its a win or a loss.

    I mean, Plague is nice without getting devotion. I would just want to see plague being 4.6 base and only 4.4 or 4.3 while in Devotion

  • Personally, I would change the Plague's power in the following direction :

    I would add more thresholds/stages/tiers to the disease. After the initial infection, the first threshold would make the survivor infectious and vomit. The second would put a survivor into the injured state and impose the broken status. The final threshold would make the survivor vomit more frequently. The disease would take longer to take hold than currently but it would progresses faster when a survivor is running or working on a generator. The fountains would no longer heal back the loss health state.

    Also, I don't really like the corrupt purge aspect of the Plague because I feel that it reduces the contagion theme of the Plague too much (it is taking too much space). I would much prefer if it was replaced by something like :

    Used fountains are corrupted for a while (like 3 minutes or more).

    Fountains can be infected just like other environmental objects by the Plague's power.

    Survivors at the last tier of infection are put into the dying state when hit by the Plague's power.