DC penalties
Are there any plans to strengthen DC penalties and or add more buffs to the game so that the gameplay isnt so marred by disconnects? I just used an ebony memento mori for a trial and I hooked all four survivors but let them get off the hook. I recatch them 1 by 1, but 3 of them disconnect when I knocked them down and the 4th took the hatch. So here I am left with practically no points, a stolen mori, loss of pips and demotion, and all I get are 500 bps each as a consolation prize. This is absolutely unacceptable when the report system enforcement for disconnects is based on a threshold and or frequency of reports, nothing will really ever happen
These actions are done intentionally and to the detriment of the killer. Theres nothing to persuade a survivor to report a dced survivor, theres rarely ever any effect for them, but for the killer, even one DC can ruin everything
It's time for a change, a time for this to end. Either make it so that when a survivor dcs, it counts as an automatic hook and sacrifice for the killer, or make it so that when there is a survivor dc, the killer doesnt lose their addons and perks, or even pips after the game or something like that. The killer should not have to pay for the actions of a survivor, it's not their fault nor should they have to be faced with the negative effects of one or more DC's in a game.
Comments
Hey now a dc by a survivor can also negatively impact there team mates as well. I’ve also had killers who dc on exit in a attempt to cause us to lose our escape bonus. You tell me how that’s right?
I was in a match tonight... the killer hooked ONE survivor and two disconnected, the one on the hook and the SWF team member (I assume since it was at the same time). The killer likewise had no choice but to kill the two remaining survivors I guess to hold to a black pip.
Half my team disconnected within 2 minutes of the trial starting. The killer also had a perk where I was not able to see the hooked survivor, which I have never come across before. I might be wrong but I thought when someone gets hooked you can see them get hooked and have an idea which hook they are on?
So a possible solution? At least make it that the remaining participants do not depip as a result of this disconnect. I depipped as well as a result but it seems wrong that a "match canceled as a player disconnected during loading" will always give a black pip but after the match starts, nope.
Another player commented in a pre match chat in the next match that "DCing seems to be a trend now". I suggest that whilst some disconnects are due to computer crashes, real life emergency or even an important phone call that has to be taken, disconnecting because the match wasnt going the way the player thought seems wrong.
As far as I am aware, they aren't planning on implementing anything else? They only "BAN" for disconnects if they are "excessive", only. Doing less than that is apparently okay.
I think they need to stop their "ban" approach. And punish every time someone disconnects. Be it with gradual timeouts/hit them with rank rewards punishments etc. Harsh, but not too harsh for those that actually disconnect on accident. Which they claim they can already tell on that. So, I think finding a way to punish (not ban) every time it happens, should be do able.
The new server changes are causing a lot of issues as well, people are disconnecting because they get rubberbanding teleporting survivors and killers hitting from a mile away.
I wonder if it would be possible for a killer to select "bypass dedicated server" as an option when seeking a match and survivors likewise? A crazier idea would be to turn the dedicated servers off for a period of time in the evening, see if a pattern of behavior emerges. That is do more players play when the servers are "off" as opposed to being "on"