Thoughts and Opinions on Spirit Changes
Collision during Yamaoka’s Haunting
Currently, the Spirit maintains her collision while using her power. Since phasing prevents The Spirit from seeing Survivors, any time she bumps into something she can’t see, she immediately knows that a Survivor is there. This takes a big part of the skill and counterplay out of the equation, allowing her to know exactly where someone is before reappearing. With this in mind, we have removed collision from The Spirit while she is using her power.
Good change that a majority of players, including those that do play Spirit and would try to find a middle ground with changes, wanted. I personally found the collision a little annoying, since I normally thought I was stuck on something. Good change!
Window vaulting animation
Although The Spirit appears to climb through a window from the Killer’s perspective, a Survivor currently sees her stand at the window briefly before phasing through it. This left the Survivor with very little time to react, leaving the Survivor to guess whether she’s actually vaulting the window and hope for the best. The Spirit will now play a window vaulting animation from the Survivor’s perspective.
I always wondered why she didn't have a vaulting animation. Yes she does phase, and I hope she still does while vaulting, but she was the only killer that did have an animation. Either way, I'm fine with it.
Adjusted speed curve post-phase
The Spirit currently retains her phasing speed for a short period of time after exiting her power before returning to her normal 4.4m/s movement speed. We have altered this curve to be more gradual, similar to The Wraith.
This would be the hardest hit to her base kit, and honestly I don't think it'll affect her that much. If anything, the momentum might make her feel smoother and more agile!
Add-On Changes
The Katana Tsuba
- Decreased the post phase speed boost duration from +0.25 seconds to +0.2 seconds.
Wakizashi Saya
- Decreased the post phase speed boost duration from +0.5 seconds to +0.3 seconds.
I was not aware these addons were a problem, and honestly I don't care. The are definitely NOT her strongest addons, and I don't think people will be too up in arms for these changes.
Yakuyoke Amulet
- Removed recharge rate modifier.
- Increased haunting duration bonus from +1 second to +3.5 seconds.
- Decreased haunting speed modifier from +10% to -15%.
I always wondered why this addon was just a megabuff to Spirit with no downside. Ultimately, if it does slow you down, just use standard Duration addons. Thankfully, there are plenty of replacements to this addons.
White Hair Ribbon
- Decreased charge speed bonus from +30% to +20%.
Bloody Hair Brooch
- Decreased charge speed bonus from +50% to +30%.
Again, I don't really care about these addons, personally. Why would I want to activate phasing faster instead of... Just phase faster? Either way, it seems they're making the yellow ones more effective and have less dependency to Greens.
Prayer Beads Bracelet
- Phasing sound effect is now global and can be heard anywhere in the map rather than silent.
This one is the most interesting change, since ultimately it's only a minor nerf. You still don't know where she's coming from, she can still track you like a hawk, but you can at least start gen tapping to avoid getting grabbed.
TLDR: Spirit didn't get hit too hard. It'll take a little getting used to, but ultimately she's still our Rin. c:
Comments
at least they didn't do her like they did legion, they could of done MUCH WORSE. if spirit does need to get nerfed (which I don't think she does) then at least it is only this
That I can wholeheartedly agree. They made some odd choices that, I dont think will affect her too much, but at least she will still work how she does now just in a more balanced way
We can't tell now if this changes are ok or not. Doesn't seem to bad.
I suggested this change months ago during a discussion here. I wonder if I had any influence lol. But maybe 100 other people also had this idea.
Honestly, she's supposed to be a mind game heavy killer, right? The new prayer beads are mindgameable. Just let go immediately after starting to phase, survivors go nuts trying to figure out where you're coming from. Sure, you can't yoink survivors with it anymore, but it seems like a more effective version of faking a teleport with Freddy.
I think she is balanced as is tbh, but if they are having to nerf her then at least it is only this