Nerfing killers is fine. But why can’t we get some buffs?

It seems like it’s so easy for them to nerf killers as opposed to buff. I’m a killer main and I agree that aspects of Spirit are BS. I insta DC Beads.

But when do all of the very weak killers get buffs to bring them closer to the upper tier killers? It took a year for Fred. Are we really supposed to wait YEARS for killers like Wraith, Bubba, Doc, Trapper, Plague, Demo, Clown, etc to be viable at red rank against skilled survivors?

The problems killers like Spirit and Nurse presented were amplified because they’re two of the only killers consistently reliable against optimal survivors. So cool, they’re both nerfed, but that doesn’t solve the problem that a majority of the killer roster is doodoo.

I guess another way to pose the question is, are you planning on bringing the killers UP to a level more towards the better killers, or is the plan to bring the better killers DOWN to the level of the doodoo killers?

Comments

  • so the fact that I can 2-4k against coordinated rank 1-4 survivors with killers such as huntress, doctor, wraith, hag, freddy, and ghostface somewhat consistently (with a few horrible rounds here or there that only result in 0-1k) makes them doodoo or unreliable?


    I mean... we aren't supposed to get 4k everytime, the average should be closer to 2k, which I'm pretty sure my average is closer to 2k in red/ 3k in purple and easily 4k in yellow/green. (guess it would be something like 3.6-3.7 as a rough estimate)


    I'm glad they didn't nerf spirit into the ground and I'm a little sad about how hard they nerfed nurse... but most killers don't need buffs.


    some very much do, especially poor amanda... but I'm pretty happy with where most killers are.

  • Killing two survivors can leave you barely safety pipping or even de-pipping. If that’s the idea for an ideal match then BHVR should probably tell DbD that.

    idk how you can think Pig needs buffs but “most killers” are fine. Pig is better than most killers.

  • @Avariku said:

    so the fact that I can 2-4k against coordinated rank 1-4 survivors with killers such as huntress, doctor, wraith, hag, freddy, and ghostface somewhat consistently (with a few horrible rounds here or there that only result in 0-1k) makes them doodoo or unreliable?

    I mean... we aren't supposed to get 4k everytime, the average should be closer to 2k, which I'm pretty sure my average is closer to 2k in red/ 3k in purple and easily 4k in yellow/green. (guess it would be something like 3.6-3.7 as a rough estimate)

    I'm glad they didn't nerf spirit into the ground and I'm a little sad about how hard they nerfed nurse... but most killers don't need buffs.

    some very much do, especially poor amanda... but I'm pretty happy with where most killers are.

    kills should no be used for balance. survivors can suicide on hook