Nerfs Need to Stop
I'm so annoyed with everyone on here just calling for nerfs to killers, especially when it's more than 50% of discussions. It's also just turned into a mess of For vs. Against calling each other bad for the most part.
What we need to start doing as a community is to start recommending ways to make weaker killers stronger. At the end of the day, Dead by Daylight is a 4v1 asymmetrical SURVIVAL HORROR. We need to start putting the "SURVIVAL" and "HORROR" back into the game.
Currently in purple ranks on console, all I see are Hillbilly, Freddy, Myers and Ghostface consistently with occasional Trappers for the Archives missions. 5 out of 17 killers. This is a joke. Survivors have too much free reign over the game at the moment, and I know because I am one of them.
So, let's start theorising some buffs for weaker killers and get the game back to where it should be. I'll start with some of what I think are the killers who need it most:
Pig - Ruleset No. 2 should be a base thing, since SAW is all about pressure and survival instincts, so let's make the gameplay reflect that. Decrease charge requirement, it's too slow without Video Tape or JMF and it's to me, the best way to play Pig so making her dash more viable will make using her bear traps easier. Give the growl noise only when actually charging, which is a similar problem to what Reaper had in Overwatch with his teleport being so loud. It telegraphs too much, so removing it will add back to the surprise attack factor of the ability.
Wraith: Increase uncloaking speed and quieten footsteps while invisible, so that there's a bit more of the surprise element and he isn't so easy to find stomping around next to you
Legion: Make Mending a healing action. Then it can be affected by effects such as Sloppy Butcher, Coulrophobia and A Nurse's Calling. Make the Frenzy cooldown animation shorter for each survivor NOT affected by Deep Wounds.
Doctor: Change power to a channelled ability, rather than stances and have Static Field a permanent thing. This will make him somewhat similar to Huntress then, but it takes a lot of time to switch stances and use his power when in a chase, not to mention the slowdown effect of being in Treatment. This should make Doctor more viable in a chase as it will allow him to deny vaults and pallets more efficiently.
I'm not saying that all of these should be put into the game, but they're something to start with.
Comments
Yes if only they hadn't nerfed these things
- instablind 180 degree flashlights
- pallet vacuum
- 4 man insta decisive strike
- double pallet spawns
- instant full gen BnPs
- insta heals
- window loops on structures
- entity blocking windows after 3 vaults
- borrowed time effecting unhooker also
- mettle of man
etc. etc. etc.
Nerfs and buffs go both ways to improve the game, just adapt and improve
Justified nerfs are fine, but at the time I originally posted this, 75% of the discussions were just nerf-callings. And THAT was what I was trying to fight against.
I'm not saying never nerf a character or perk ever again, I'm just saying maybe stop witch-hunting whatever's the strongest in the game this week.
As per my reply to Mister_Holdout above, and did you read just the title? Or the whole opening statement?
This is also an older discussion of mine at the height of the Spirit Nerf discussion horde.
So you actually took the time to read all the nerf posts and were able to establish whether the complaints had any merit?
Okay.
You don't need to read them all. And I did read and consider lots of them.
And it's like I said. Just about all anyone was talking about was the new killer nerf of the week. I was over it.
Killers ARE losing power in this game and the new kill stats don't prove anything.s
So you read a few posts and were somehow able to determine a metric based off that?
Alrighty then lol.
More than a few.
Were you even around then?
Are you even reading more than the first sentence?
And why are you turning on me after I openly AGREED with you?