Would you like NO ranks?

I believe match making shouldn't really be based on season rank, since its easy to derank, and not playing the game for a few months can drop players into super low ranks that are either:

A) Really easy games they don't belong - the game doesn't change THAT much month to month and this game is isn't so complicated people forget how to be good at it (where I'm at as killer)

B) Infuriating games because you are now with terrible teammates who make it hard to progress up (where I'm at as survivor)

Match making could (and should) then be based off more factors to determine your skill level, that may ebb-and-flow over time but does NOT get reduced very fast from bad games, is NOT effected by DC, and includes your overall player rank and maybe other factors I've not even thought about, to provide one overall score behind the scenes to calculate where you belong in match making.

I do think that pipping helps incentivize good play, and could be rewarded with something like 5-10 T-AC (Temporary AC) per pip, and its removed if you DC. T-AC works just like normal AC to buy cosmetics and characters, and is added to your total purchased AC when used in the shop. (They can come up with some formula that says it can only be used for 75% of the purchase or something since I know they make most of their money off cosmetics) You can only get ONE pip per game, and its relatively easy. I don't want this to turn every player into sweaty-bettys more than they are already.

I think incentivizing gameplay with "real money", will also prevent DCs, since they know it won't help them derank to easier levels, and they will actually lose progress on cosmetics they may actually want.

Comments

  • no because if there was not a ranking system I wouldn't be able to go against rank 15 killers as a rank 7 survivor main. so I say ranks are useful in that scenario

  • @horsegod386 said:

    no because if there was not a ranking system I wouldn't be able to go against rank 15 killers as a rank 7 survivor main. so I say ranks are useful in that scenario

    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... but you'd still end up in matches with people who may not be as skilled as you, you just wouldn't know it. You could then assume every match was evenly matched, and you had a good game - not that you just pounced on a newbie.

  • @MisterCremaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832284#Comment_832284

    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... but you'd still end up in matches with people who may not be as skilled as you, you just wouldn't know it. You could then assume every match was evenly matched, and you had a good game - not that you just pounced on a newbie.

    I mean people in my own rank aren't as good as me, I just like to bully low ranks and under your scenario of no ranks I wouldn't be able to bully low ranks

  • If DbD is to cling to the pathetic lie that it is a casual game and not competitive (they say this because if they held tournaments everyone would see the competitive aspect is a ######### JOKE) they NEED to remove the ranking system, or at least remove it from players eyes.

    Being able to see your rank only encourages competitive attitudes and playstyles. It's half the reason we have so much problems with "sweaty" games. If rank was hidden at least you'd never know where you are for sure so the casual environment can actually start to set in.

  • @coppersly said:

    If DbD is to cling to the pathetic lie that it is a casual game and not competitive (they say this because if they held tournaments everyone would see the competitive aspect is a ######### JOKE) they NEED to remove the ranking system, or at least remove it from players eyes.

    Being able to see your rank only encourages competitive attitudes and playstyles. It's half the reason we have so much problems with "sweaty" games. If rank was hidden at least you'd never know where you are for sure so the casual environment can actually start to set in.

    Agree 100%.

  • No.

    I'd like WORKING rank system but with maybe 5 ranks total.

  • I'm against incentivizing what is perceived to be normal behavior. You are expected to play the game fully and not DC.

  • @coppersly said:

    If DbD is to cling to the pathetic lie that it is a casual game and not competitive (they say this because if they held tournaments everyone would see the competitive aspect is a ######### JOKE) they NEED to remove the ranking system, or at least remove it from players eyes.

    Being able to see your rank only encourages competitive attitudes and playstyles. It's half the reason we have so much problems with "sweaty" games. If rank was hidden at least you'd never know where you are for sure so the casual environment can actually start to set in.

    For sure, but maybe they could just add a casual mode. Because for some, ranking up feels rewarding or like something to strive for.

  • @Mr_K said:

    I'm against incentivizing what is perceived to be normal behavior. You are expected to play the game fully and not DC.

    In all my years as a boss, parent, and coach, I've found people react much better to positive rather than negative reinforcement.

  • @MisterCremaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832372#Comment_832372

    In all my years as a boss, parent, and coach, I've found people react much better to positive rather than negative reinforcement.

    You reward your kids for going to school or do you reward them for getting good grades?

    Not DCing in a match is going to school.

  • I am down for an unranked mode in addition to a ranked mode, but I am against just removing ranks altogether.

  • Yeah no, red rankers arent that good but atleast they actually do something. A big reason I dislike survivor is the fact that if I have bad teammates, I can only really escape though the hatch. Without ranking survivors would be at a huge disadvantage, because even having one player that has no clue what they are doing can ruin my chances at winning.

  • @TheRoyalOwl said:

    Yeah no, red rankers arent that good but atleast they actually do something. A big reason I dislike survivor is the fact that if I have bad teammates, I can only really escape though the hatch. Without ranking survivors would be at a huge disadvantage, because even having one player that has no clue what they are doing can ruin my chances at winning.

    There would _be ranking_ you just wouldn't see it.

  • No, i don't want yellow ranks that hide all game, do nothing and go down in 10 seconds when they get into a chase.