A theory about what is currently going on with The Spirit.

So we are more or less getting teased by the devs, they have shown us a gif from The Spirit trailer and we all started to make theories about it, so i have one.

It's not much, but i think this isn't going to be a new killer, nor a new survivor. Maybe it could be a rework, but most of all i think it is going to be the release of the second level of the Archives, and it could be released tommorow. Such tome will probably be focusing around The Spirit's story ( perhaps also her father.. ), i do believe there is a fourth collection of documents but we don't exactly know what it is about.

Maybe they also plan to release skins, but as for a new Killer, i think it will only be coming out in December.

What do you think ?

Comments

  • No this isn't how the Archives works ^^

    Tomorrow we get the level 2 of the Tome 1 telling the stories of Claudette and the Trapper.

    I also think that they will work their way from the oldest killers to the youngest.

    So the next tome will certainly be about the Wraith. Or at least not a licensed character.

  • Well, there are tomes about Claudette and Trapper, and also about the Alchemist and the Entity, and there is also an other tome, but we don't really know what's inside, so i thought maybe something would be linked to Spirit.

  • Well, i guess you are right, but maybe this new tome will come hand to hand with something linked to the Spirit, a rework or something else.

  • This Tome (which is a book) is about Claudette and Trapper, as well as the realms at large.

    Each of the lore sections we are getting now are like chapters, Claudette's history, Trapper's history, what's going on with the Alchemist cos he comes with halloween, and the Entity. Each of those chapters have pages to collect from challenges in all 4 levels of the archives.

    Next mid chapter patch will bring a whole new book with a new focus, like Meg and Hillbilly or Dwight and the Wraith.

    Spirit's Tome is likely to be a long way off, as she is a DLC character, so it's easier initially for them to go for free characters that everyone has access to.

  • ITS ABOUT CLAUDETTE AND DADDY TRAPPER LEAVE SPIRIT OUTTA HERE.

  • @Adeloo said:

    No this isn't how the Archives works ^^

    Tomorrow we get the level 2 of the Tome 1 telling the stories of Claudette and the Trapper.

    I also think that they will work their way from the oldest killers to the youngest.

    So the next tome will certainly be about the Wraith. Or at least not a licensed character.

    Next tome or next battlepass?

  • It's a Yamaoka's Estate rework.

    Haven't seen this mentioned, but we are supposed to get a map rework in an upcoming update. And even though I think Haddonfield needs it the most, Yamaoka Estate is a really crappy map too, for both survivor and killer. For killer it's way to big and too much bamboo making it hard to find survivors, and for survivors the entire middle section is a pallet desert with both basement locations being highly defendable. It sucks for both sides, I know a lot of players on either side that hate that map. I personally don't like it regardless of which side I play.

    And considering someone else noticed that the sword on that map was missing, I think that's a good hint it will be a map rework.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    It's a Yamaoka's Estate rework.

    Haven't seen this mentioned, but we are supposed to get a map rework in an upcoming update. And even though I think Haddonfield needs it the most, Yamaoka Estate is a really crappy map too, for both survivor and killer. For killer it's way to big and too much bamboo making it hard to find survivors, and for survivors the entire middle section is a pallet desert with both basement locations being highly defendable. It sucks for both sides, I know a lot of players on either side that hate that map. I personally don't like it regardless of which side I play.

    And considering someone else noticed that the sword on that map was missing, I think that's a good hint it will be a map rework.

    Didn't the map already got touched by the devs somewhere in legion or plague chapters?

  • @Adeloo said:

    No this isn't how the Archives works ^^

    Tomorrow we get the level 2 of the Tome 1 telling the stories of Claudette and the Trapper.

    I also think that they will work their way from the oldest killers to the youngest.

    So the next tome will certainly be about the Wraith. Or at least not a licensed character.

    i'd really love to see more lore on the wraith. he makes absolutely zero sense, i want to see if they can actually form a decent character/story without retconning the nonsense they've established thus far xD

  • This rift (battlepass + challenges) has 4 levels called tomes. This rift is based on Trapper and Claudette alone (with a small bit about the entity and the alchemist due to it's Halloween release).

  • @Rinthespooki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829181#Comment_829181

    Didn't the map already got touched by the devs somewhere in legion or plague chapters?

    Kind of? I forget honestly. May be marginally better now, but it still sucks as a map for both sides.

    IDK it just makes the most sense. We are due for a map rework, and I really really doubt that any of this has to do with the current Spirit situation (why would they hype up changing a killer when they only just said less than a month ago they are discussing what to do? Not even have solid plans?), or her father being a killer, or any silly stuff like that.

    Like the only maps in serious need of a rework are Haddonfield and Estate. Corn maps need work too but that's a much bigger project I imagine since it's multiple maps. So it just makes sense this would be a reference to Estate rework all things considered.

  • @Shraar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829029#Comment_829029

    i'd really love to see more lore on the wraith. he makes absolutely zero sense, i want to see if they can actually form a decent character/story without retconning the nonsense they've established thus far xD

    Agreed. I've read his lore. He just killed his boss because he made him partake in organized crime without him knowing.. and he ends up sacrificing more people for the Entity. Then again perhaps he was simply tortured, like many others ( Doctor, Trapper .. ), but his lore is too incomplete. Hillbilly deserves more Lore as well, i think.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829193#Comment_829193

    Kind of? I forget honestly. May be marginally better now, but it still sucks as a map for both sides.

    IDK it just makes the most sense. We are due for a map rework, and I really really doubt that any of this has to do with the current Spirit situation (why would they hype up changing a killer when they only just said less than a month ago they are discussing what to do? Not even have solid plans?), or her father being a killer, or any silly stuff like that.

    Like the only maps in serious need of a rework are Haddonfield and Estate. Corn maps need work too but that's a much bigger project I imagine since it's multiple maps. So it just makes sense this would be a reference to Estate rework all things considered.

    Mount Ormond and Disturbed Ward need some big reworks.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829259#Comment_829259

    Mount Ormond and Disturbed Ward need some big reworks.

    Disturbed Ward is part of Asylum along with church. It makes more sense they would rework a map that is by itself, doing something similar they did with Badham.

    Mount Ormond is bad but not that bad. Estate is worse. Plus Ormond is technically a more recent map and my guess is they want to work from the older maps and up.

    This besides the fact the leaks have 0 to do with either of these maps.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829347#Comment_829347

    Disturbed Ward is part of Asylum along with church. It makes more sense they would rework a map that is by itself, doing something similar they did with Badham.

    Mount Ormond is bad but not that bad. Estate is worse. Plus Ormond is technically a more recent map and my guess is they want to work from the older maps and up.

    This besides the fact the leaks have 0 to do with either of these maps.

    I think Ormond is worse than Family Residence. And I said that these maps should get a big rework too, not that the leaks have something to do with them.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829372#Comment_829372

    I think Ormond is worse than Family Residence. And I said that these maps should get a big rework too, not that the leaks have something to do with them.

    Doesn't matter. The teasers have nothing to do with that map.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829377#Comment_829377

    Doesn't matter. The teasers have nothing to do with that map.

    I said they do ?