Rin's dad = I'll be mad

Just saying before it's called one way or the other. It would be such a terrible redundant addition to the game if they added Rin's dad as KILLER.

Survivor? Yes please. Let us chase that murdering PoS and stab him a few times for what he did to his family. But if he's the Killer... Come on. Rin's lore stated he was passed over in favour of Rin, promising her revenge... so, what? Did the Entity change its mind? Did it just lie to her? How does any of this work and why am I quickly not caring? Don't take a huge dump on your lore right as soon as you start to focus on it through tomes, BHVR!!

Smh, I was honestly so hyped for the next original Killer (or even the Nun) to be revealed, but now I'm dreading it. I'm really hoping they don't add pointless Spirit 2.0 to the game, that would absolutely SUCK.

Comments

  • @Shraar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/831697#Comment_831697

    he's an occasional "debt-collector" apparently, and his halloween outfit implies he's not a good guy

    but he has WGLF (we're gonna live forever) and it says "your few friends deserve the best protection" so he probably has a heart of gold

    "I lost it. Just lamped him one.. They went and banned me didn't they.. Went t'pub afterwards, had a few pints and moved on to the next chapter. I couldn't be mithered with it all anyway, you know what I mean? Can't be arsed." — David King


    I don't think this would be from a heart of gold...

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/831717#Comment_831717

    "I lost it. Just lamped him one.. They went and banned me didn't they.. Went t'pub afterwards, had a few pints and moved on to the next chapter. I couldn't be mithered with it all anyway, you know what I mean? Can't be arsed." — David King

    I don't think this would be from a heart of gold...

    yeah he punched a ref, doesn't mean he doesnt care about his friends

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/830384#Comment_830384

    The Entity has been confirmed to pull people from multiple time periods adn timelines. Getting a pre-murder and post-murder Rin isn't beyond its ability, especially if it thought the trauma survivor Rin would go through having to escape her father (or her own twisted self) would help nourish and entertain it more.

    @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/830384#Comment_830384

    There's obviously multiple dimensions in the Dead by Daylight universe (as evidenced by Bill being from a world that was ravaged by an Infection in 2008, while several other characters are from the modern day - Feng is explicitly stated to have played in a 2016 video game tournament).

    This means its theoretically possible for the Entity to grab a pre-murdered Rin from an alternate dimension to the one we have as the Spirit.

    Well, dimensions, time periods and time lines are three different things. W/o getting into all the wibbly wobbly physics of it all, its like having different strands of string. A different dimension is a length of string entirely separate from our own, but similar in its creation (like two red strings). A different time period is a different length of the one string (the first inch, as opposed to to the second or third). A different timeline is like a frayed string, where at one point it branches off into two or more strings (in this case, that point would be the decision of 'when' the Entity took Rin).

    We know from the licensed killers and survivors that the Entity can cross dimensions, and from the killers that it can cross time periods (I think the devs said the Nurse was with the Entity longer than the other killers), but we don't have confirmation of it crossing different timelines. Its a technicality I know, but important to consider when looking at the lore and how the Entity works.

    *Edited for grammar and typos*

  • What about rins great great great gran pappy?

  • @Shraar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/831102#Comment_831102

    i hear its like a japanese ghost that wants to hurt others. apparently it helped inspire rin? somebody else told me about them, i can't do much else other than point you to the wikipedia page sorry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onry%C5%8D

    I meant that like that's what she is. But she could just be an inspiration. (Got it off wiki too)

  • @Shraar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829775#Comment_829775

    Thanks for nothing... sorry I'm just trying to be constructively critical, try to think of what could be better instead of "yeah it sucks"... like no, don't be satisfied with that lmao. think harder.

    every great story needs conflict. a goal. the goal of the entity's realm is just "suffer mwahahaha" sounds like an edgy kid wrote it trying to be dark. They should spread rumours that one survivor actualyl escaped (vigo? benedict? who?) that would at least be interesting, if we know from a meta-perspective it's hopeless the story will stagnate and be absolutely (as i said) pointless

    It doesnt need to be anything more than that though. Its a multiplayer game. Not a narrative. Why should we hold a game like this up to that expectation? Who cares about the story in a game like this? What matters is balance and fun new mechanics added. You chose the wrong game to invest in if a story is what you seek. They just need to say enough about the characters to give them an excuse to he there. And to be honest, I truly feel like they dont even need that. If they gave no killer or survivor a backstory in this game, I wouldnt care one bit. I purchased this game to hide from killers, and chase survivors down.

  • I really like the idea of her dad being a survivor. That would be the first time in the game that a killer has had a "good reason" to kill a survivor.

  • @Boodge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829834#Comment_829834

    It doesnt need to be anything more than that though. Its a multiplayer game. Not a narrative. Why should we hold a game like this up to that expectation? Who cares about the story in a game like this? What matters is balance and fun new mechanics added. You chose the wrong game to invest in if a story is what you seek. They just need to say enough about the characters to give them an excuse to he there. And to be honest, I truly feel like they dont even need that. If they gave no killer or survivor a backstory in this game, I wouldnt care one bit. I purchased this game to hide from killers, and chase survivors down.

    maybe youre in the wrong place

    this is a discussion about lore. they have lore in game. they're focusing on lore with tomes. therefore its perfectly fine to have a discussion about lore, dont tell me this aint the place for it lol, that's illogical

    if you're here to say "who cares about lore" i dunno, go run around a loop or something, that's cool too. but dont tell other people what they should and shouldnt enjoy

1 2 3 4 ›