Is there a perk that counters franklins demise?
Just had a game vs a team using toolboxes. and one of them i hit 3 times over all in the match and he didn't drop the toolbox once? (not dropped and picked up, he never actually dropped it)
How is that?
Comments
Its a bug prolly
As far as I know, no.
They can bring it white ward and keep their item if it is lost and while in game they can pick up and find new items.
Maybe the match was bugged?
I have never seen Franklins not work but I have seen my fair share of perks being buggy/ glitchy.
You sure it was a tool box and not Ashy Slashy? 😄
Were you hitting with basic attacks? It doesn't trigger on damage from powers like chainsaws, Huntress hatchets, etc.
@wannabeuk If you are encounter this issue more often and were indeed using basic attacks and they didnt drop their item when using Franklin's I would suggest making a post in the bug report section of this forum.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/perks-and-add-on
Yeah, playing wraith was 100% a toolbox, must have bugged then. Thanks guys
Yup, that's an M1 hero bug for Franklin's that should be addressed in the bugs forum according to your story. I never use it, or rarely against it, and don't know how often that happens.
For not dropping it no there is no counter.
But Plunderer's shows the aura of items so that's kind of a soft counter.
However I agree with my friend that said "all Franklin's does is make survivors play musical chairs with items... it doesn't actually stop them from using the items".
I find franklins really useful, i just remember where the item dropped and sometimes loop back and catch them trying to pick it up (Even in a chase).
It's also amusing when you hit someone as they drop a pallet and they turn around as you break it trying to flashlight you because they didn't notice it dropped :D
Plunderer's Instinct is a counter. You can see the auras of all items, even ones dropped by franklin's demise.
It just changed on this last patch
Might have been a bug, but it also depends on what you're using to hit them. Franklin's Demise only activates on basic attacks, so something like the Pig's ambush or the Huntress' hatchets won't cause them to drop it.