doctor's power
I feel like his power is so underwhelming and boring. shock shock and more shock. I really think he needs to have some variation in his repertoire to be a bit more upredictable and scary. He is crazy he could do so many tricks with the survivors to spice it up. Are the devs just afraid that this is too hard to balance or they just don't care to mix it up a bit?
Comments
They said doctor is next on the
chopping blockrework list.Oh really? i thought that was the spirit
She's under consideration, but Doctor is first in line.
that's nice to hear then. he really needs it
The shock is used a lot as it's his only tool to stop a window vault or pallet drop. I doubt that itself is going to be changed much.
The one thing we know that's going to happen is that his addins are going to be given a working over as they now have established a standard as to how many addins each killer should get and Doc does NOT follow that standard.
Anything beyond that is just speculation.
He's the next killer to get tweaks, and they'll be buffs so we shall see what happens. :)
i understand but i do hope he will get some extra abilities to use t hat use that electricity to use other than to "shock"... be creative devs
Considering they nerfed Nurse base power after promising only to change the add-ons, I wouldn't be so sure.
Doc isn't nearly the same tier as the nurse.
If they want to tone down how annoying he is, the most likely thing they'll hit is his static field in treatment mode because it's influence has the biggest impact on the game - especially when the doc is running a Terror Radius/Anti-skillcheck build.
Personally, I just hope they do a little QOL where hiding survivors in Tier 3 near the doc giggle maniacally to themselves. That would make my day.
you're not really demanding for your own main killer. Don't you agree he needs more than just a crazy laugh? He needs some major overhaul of his shock ability if anything.
Aye, you're correct, I'm not demanding anything for my main. Doc is my boi and I love him to death.
But here's the thing - I know him so well that I know that in the hands of a good player, he's pretty damn good even at the red ranks (he's not S tier like Nurse or Spirit, more like A tier). If you do anything to boost him, you run the danger of causing him to be OP.
If you think he's only got the shock in his toolkit though, you're sorely mistaken. He's got some of the best locating powers in the game as well as an addin that gives him some real mind-game potential.
I think the way he plays is mostly fine, but he could do with some buffs. His shock has some pretty stupid drawbacks and his illusions could do some more things other than just stand around. I've had a list of changes for some time now that would bring Doc out of mid tier and up to the top 5.
I like your number 6 idea. it mixes up the entire gameplay of him. and make it a lot more versataille.
It would be pretty scary if doctor got weakened. The thing with doctor madness is that the so "called" impossible skill check build isn't impossible. Just like Hex:Ruin, It raises skill-cap of generator. I mean generator have like widest skill-checker in the world. Doctor makes them slightly harder, but it's still pretty laughable skill-cap increase compare to Hex:Ruin. I find that madness doesn't do much in my experience because a lot of the afflictions are easy to ignore through skill and experience. For example doctor is one of 3(?) killers to be able to apply affliction "exhausted", however most of exhaust perks are used at the start of a chase. Lithe impairs you from window looping so you have to use it at the start. Balance landing is used for stagger reduction and sprint burst has to be used at the start of a chase. only dead hard get impacted by his add-on. The only affliction that does anything is red glow affliction. This requires wall blockers to be effective and you can achieve the same effect by hiding it when you turn corners on wall-blocker loops that have potential mind game. The static field build up add-on is sort of only way for doctor to pinpoint your exact position by increasing your madness up. I understand people have tried to use it for 3 generator strategies, but I feel like survivors mess up their generator priority if you 3 generator yourself. It is there fault if they get 3 generators and they fail to use their numerical advantage to finish their objective.
Madness as a concept and Hex:Ruin are honestly balanced for rank 5-20. It's skill-cap that used to work like 2 years ago. For rank 1 red survivors, I am almost never have anything less then silver in my objective category, Skill check need to be like Hex:Ruin+Lullaby 5 for any good survivor to really start messing up on them. i feel like you should have iridescent in 3 major categories in most games even if your team is bad. Maybe madness should be like the further you go into madness, the smaller skill checks become until they become like great skill-check size. By doing this, you could then remove snap-out to prevent abuse from static field add-on's. I had another silly idea that makes skill-check indicator move faster the further madness you are but I'm not sure how that would impact gameplay. In any case, most of doctor's game-play revolves around shocking at loops and using information correctly and if this got weaker in any possible margin then doctor changes would make him weaker.
If the spirit complaints are anything to go by, they better not be messing around with M1 killers or they could really messed up the game.
I think number 1 and number 2 is kinda enough for doctor to be pretty scary to face. The rest of the stuff is sort of overkill and not really needed. Doctor has good soundbites to make the game feel like horror game, but he himself isn't very strong. Who knows if that will ever change.
True. Although I DO hate Doc’s power at the moment because it’s annoying to hear screaming EVERYWHERE, he’s still pretty good with his canceling and such.