After mulling over the spirit I had a reslization

So the community is hot and tearing into each other over the spirit and I noticed the devs are not taking too active a role in the discussion which I find interesting, likely they are observing and hopefully they are because i feel this could make them look foolish if poorly handled.


But what I wanted to discuss today was a bit of a revelation and putting my little hobby of designing things to work. So the spirit is likely receiving changes..so I asked myself what kind would be the most fair and preserve her potential ? Well..this came to mind..


First off give her an animation for when she begins to phase..now at first I would have lead this to be a terrible idea but..she can still use her mind games as she has presently but giving the survivor the heads up saying "Hey, better think fast".


Then secondly theres her collision..my only concern with the idea was bugs but now that I've analyzed what it would mean I realize it would do more than people know

1. She wont bump into random people..honestly it felt jarring when playing the spirit anyway


2. She will be forced to go out of phase earlier, granting more time to react depending on how well the spirit player gauged their targets distance


3. The earlier de phase will indirectly make prayer beads far less powerful as grabs will be much more difficult if not nearly impossible except by literal blind luck..


This is so far what the results of the analyses has been..hope you enjoyed

Comments

  • This is what the majority of people want anyways and these won't make her weak at all. It would actually raise her skill cap too which would be a really good thing. Those "make her leave scratch marks" types of suggestions would make her too weak.

  • Having her collision removed is really all I care about. I mean aside from how easy it is to tunnel with her, which is rather frustrating because I find a lot of Spirits on PS4 do this, but that's not really her problem.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I disagree about adding a better visual cue to the start of her phasing. She needs this for her mind games at loops because her ability is purely a mobility one, not an offensive one. If survivors are fooled by her standing still before actually waiting to hear the phasing sounds, that’s on them.

    The only things that need to be altered for Spirit is to revert back to the phasing sound being directional, and Prayer Beads either needs to be reworked entirely or have greater significant downsides similar to Plagues Iridescent Seal.

    (So my idea for PB downsides would be:

    • Tremendously reduces Phase Walk duration.
    • Tremendously increases the time it takes to recharge the power.
    • Tremendously reduces Phase Walk speed.)

    Making her woosh directional would be a hundred times worse..and make stealthing her as easy as old huntress..with a cue to when shes phasing she can fake it but this way she gives an idea when shes making a play..survivors get a bit more of a grasp of when to make their move, and spirit keeps her mind games

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826312#Comment_826312

    @GrootDude has already previously made an excellent point about why collision removal would be bad. Pro Spirit players would use that to pass through survivors at loops to cut them off before a pallet drop or vault.

    That's implying the survivor doesnt reach it first which usually happens and plus that risks you getting stunned by trying to go through them..plus if they double back all you do is lose even more distance..

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I disagree about adding a better visual cue to the start of her phasing. She needs this for her mind games at loops because her ability is purely a mobility one, not an offensive one. If survivors are fooled by her standing still before actually waiting to hear the phasing sounds, that’s on them.

    The only things that need to be altered for Spirit is to revert back to the phasing sound being directional, and Prayer Beads either needs to be reworked entirely or have greater significant downsides similar to Plagues Iridescent Seal.

    (So my idea for PB downsides would be:

    • Tremendously reduces Phase Walk duration.
    • Tremendously increases the time it takes to recharge the power.
    • Tremendously reduces Phase Walk speed.)

    Also iridescent seal is a terrible addon and not an example to follow for design purposes..and any of those changes you suggested would provide the same result