if I escape I should NOT lose a pip

I played a game recently where the gens flew by quickly and I even got some healing done for my teammates, but I am an immersed player and didn't interact with the killer at all. I escaped, and then I depipped. why? I did my main objective, which is to escape, and yet somehow that isn't enough for the game.

Escaping at the very least should grant a safety pip, no matter what you got in emblems.

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @lynelmane said:

    Let me outline the match for those who think I did nothing.

    I got 3 gens done, 1 by myself and 2 co-op.

    I unhooked 3 people, and healed 2 of them

    the killer didn't want to chase me after the unhook, which was unfortunate for the unhooked person. 3 out of 4 of us escaped at the end.

    I did actually pallet stun the killer but again, they didn't want me for some reason

    Most of this didn't happen. If it did you would have at least safety pipped.

    I don't know why people feel the need to blatantly lie to try and exaggerate a problem and think it proves their point.

  • It's really bullshit too especially if you get a bad killer. They'll mainly interact with on survivor only throughout the match cause they don't know when to break chase then everyone will depip or safety cause of that. Depipping shouldn't exist in the first place.

  • survival is the survivors primal objective.

    it shouldnt matter how you did it, all that matters is that you escaped. you won. you shouldnt be able to lose with that, even if you just sat in a locker 24/7. apparently that worked.


    we can talk about hatch escapes though, since the last survivor kinda gets a free escape chance handed out to them via hatch.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/825574#Comment_825574

    Most of this didn't happen. If it did you would have at least safety pipped.

    I don't know why people feel the need to blatantly lie to try and exaggerate a problem and think it proves their point.

    how do you know I was lying? It's rude to assume that.

    It really did happen and I wish I had saved a screenshot of my emblems to prove to you so you would stop assuming that everyone is lying to you.

  • @lynelmane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827522#Comment_827522

    how do you know I was lying? It's rude to assume that.

    It really did happen and I wish I had saved a screenshot of my emblems to prove to you so you would stop assuming that everyone is lying to you.

    He is saying that because it is literally impossible to not pip with what you said happened. Unless every hook you did was unsafe, and the generators you helped out with were already almost done by the time you joined in. Doing one generator on your own is worth nothing unfortunately.

  • @lynelmane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827522#Comment_827522

    how do you know I was lying? It's rude to assume that.

    It really did happen and I wish I had saved a screenshot of my emblems to prove to you so you would stop assuming that everyone is lying to you.

    3 gens, 1 solo, 2 coop. That equals, on average, 200 points to the objective emblem. That is a gold emblem.

    In Benevolent, you start with 35 points. Assuming the one person who died did so on their last hook, that means you gain 20 points for your 2 heals.You gain 20 points per unhook if you didn't farm your allies, which from the statement below, it seems you did, so let's assume you got 55 total Benevolent. That's silver. If even one of your unhooks was safe, that bumps it up to gold, if two were, iridescent.

    If you escaped, your Survival emblem should be gold, if not iridescent for not being downed.

    Your Evader emblem should be 'no emblem' as even with unhooking in the killer's face and stunning them once, you probably wouldn't break the 230 points required to reach bronze.

    That, based on what you said, puts you at 8 emblem points in the absolute worst case scenario.

    Only in ranks 1-4 can 8 emblem points derank you (rightfully so) and 9 is a safety. If what you said is true, then you did literally nothing else of value in the match and EVERY unhook you did caused the other player to go down instantly, so really, no issues with that being a depip.

  • Stop putting so much value in Pipping. I'm happy to depip with lots of bloodpoints. It was cool the first couple times to get to Rank 1, but all you get for it is sweaty killers and long lobby times. The devs need to work on adding an incentive for rank before reset, otherwise there's still no value to being a high rank then have to grind right back up.

  • @ScottJund said:

    Do you really think you should be rewarded for doing nothing while your team does all the work and dies?

    These types of players should be "penalized" that only devote themselves to making the main objective "generators" and yet BHVR compensates them with a large number of points, for repairing the main objective, it is absurd but the game is going so.

  • @lynelmane said:

    I played a game recently where the gens flew by quickly and I even got some healing done for my teammates, but I am an immersed player and didn't interact with the killer at all. I escaped, and then I depipped. why? I did my main objective, which is to escape, and yet somehow that isn't enough for the game.

    Escaping at the very least should grant a safety pip, no matter what you got in emblems.

    Please Devs return the negative button!

  • @ScottJund said:

    Do you really think you should be rewarded for doing nothing while your team does all the work and dies?

    This is literally the most logical thing I have seen on this forum.

1 2 ›