Biggest/most common mistakes I see at low ranks
I've just recently started playing Survivor, and I must say, it can be quite frustrating to have teammates who don't understand basic aspects of this game.
For anyone stuck in the low ranks as Survivor, I have two important tips:
First, don't unhook in front of the Killer. At best, you're giving the Killer a free hit that you could have easily avoided if you just waited for the Killer to leave. At worst, you're giving the Killer a free hook, and now you have to repeat the whole unhooking process all over again. When I get unhooked in front of the Killer, I often get put back on the hook immediately, and it makes me wish I could stop my teammates from unhooking me.
If the Killer is camping the hook, then just leave the Survivor alone and do generators.
Which brings me to my second point: If you're not healing a survivor, unhooking a survivor, or being chased by the Killer, you need to be working on generators. I see a lot of low-ranking survivors who spend most of the match crouch-walking around, wasting time, even when the Killer isn't anywhere near them. You can't hide from the Killer forever; you need to do the generators and get the exit gates open if you want to win.
Comments
The biggest mistake is wasting the whole game crouching and being too scared of the killer
I played a lot of killer before survivor so i know how much it sucks to have useless teammates (can't do 5 gens by yourself) but as long as they're having fun. You'll pip no matter what so you'll be out of it soon
5 gens solo is possible in low ranks, in fact its sometimes the inevitable truth during rank reset when you are thrust back into the "crab bucket".
Nah yeah totally
Using the plague fountains. So often when I hear a Survivor use a fountain, I know it was going to be an easy 4k for me.
When I'm survivor and I hear someone use the fountain, I know the game will be over soon.