[SUGGESTION] Rework for perks with tokens
IMO, any perk with tokens and stacks that relies on something existing (an Obsession, a totem) should keep the tokens when that thing is destroyed. To be clear, I'll give an example:
Killer manages to get 3 tokens on Devour Hope. Totem is destroyed. The perk remains active at 3 tokens, but the Killer can no longer earn any tokens.
Comments
That would be an OP perk as devour hope is a hex totem and when it destroys totem it destroys the perk then the killer should guard it more
Guard the totem, get gen rushed. Don't guard it, lose one of your perks. It's a lose-lose situation.
I think we have enough nerfs and it's also very simple for killers whit Devour Hope (3 tokens)
This is a buff for perks with tokens which, last I checked, Survivors also have. Besides, you can also just destroy the totem early and be done with it before it becomes a threat. You'd have to actually play around Devour Hope instead of ignoring it.
survivors have perks with tokens that they can lose?
Not yet.
What about the hexes respawning on a dull totem after 2 minutes if there is one?
So Devour Hope would go inactive for 2 minutes, but after that if they haven't destroyed all 4 other totems it comes back.
good idea
This is not about hex perks. This is about perks with tokens. If you have your own suggestion, please make your own thread.
Every comment above mine talks about hex perks. It isn't the entire thread but it's unfair to shun me for talking about the main point of discussion.
Every comment about yours talks about Devour Hope, which happens to be a hex perk, but is also a perk with tokens. You're referring specifically and exclusively to hex perks, most of which do not have tokens.
Yes you're totally right, I was talking specifically about hex perks my mistake.
Secondly, name a single killer perk that loses it's tokens after it's destroyed that isn't a hex . Oh wait, there isn't one. All obsession based perks keep their stacks when the obsession dies. The only thing this thread holds any meaning to is hex perks. Berate me all you want for giving an alternate idea on your thread but don't pretend I'm not discussing the only topic you're actually interested in.
EDIT: PS: I'm done talking about this, I can't see there being any logical non-petty response. Please just.. get back to the discussion.
My mistake. I thought STBFL was disabled once the Obsession died. However, this isn't about buffing hex perks, but about making the perks that rely on tokens - present and future - not be completely useless once they're disabled. I have another suggestion thread for how hex perks can be not so #########.
Sorry for suggesting something else in your thread btw and I got pretty annoyed by the last post, that one was pretty immature of me.