Yup! Another Spirit post

Ok so I see everyone talking about the upcoming changes to Spirit and I just want to add my 2 cents into the mix.

Is Spirit a busted killer? No.

Is she annoying as hell to go up against? Yes!

So what particularly made her annoying to go against? Well first the obvious thing was her add-ons or should I just say Prayer beads.

But most important is that when she's using her power, you can't actually tell if she's using it or not. That's the big problem with Spirit.

So I as many other players hope the Devs do the right thing and DO NOT I repeat, DO NOT touch her base power and only change a couple of her add-ons and give some kind of an indicator of when she's actually using her phase walk.

That's all I wanted to say... Just my little 2 cents out there.

Comments

  • @OGlilSPOOK20 said:

    Ok so I see everyone talking about the upcoming changes to Spirit and I just want to add my 2 cents into the mix.

    Is Spirit a busted killer? No.

    Is she annoying as hell to go up against? Yes!

    So what particularly made her annoying to go against? Well first the obvious thing was her add-ons or should I just say Prayer beads.

    But most important is that when she's using her power, you can't actually tell if she's using it or not. That's the big problem with Spirit.

    So I as many other players hope the Devs do the right thing and DO NOT I repeat, DO NOT touch her base power and only change a couple of her add-ons and give some kind of an indicator of when she's actually using her phase walk.

    That's all I wanted to say... Just my little 2 cents out there.

    Have her head snap straight suddently. It's not a huge "I'M PHASING" sign but it's a good tell

  • "But most important is that when she's using her power, you can't actually tell if she's using it or not. That's the big problem with Spirit."

    See this is what upsets me about every argument against the Spirit right now.

    THIS IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF HER POWER. She is meant to be confusing. You are not meant to know exactly when she is phase walking. It's what makes her as good as she is. Literally every proposed "fix" for her involves basically adding a neon sign above her head that says "I AM PHASE WALKING" which is such a huge nerf to her power I can't even put it into words.

    Better solutions:

    1) Remove the ability to grab during post phase walk when using Prayer Beads. She no longer gets easy grabs and instead has to go for an attack. She still can get a potential free hit but it leads to a chase, not a guaranteed hook.

    2) Increase the sound of her footsteps within 6m but outside of the husk's TR. This gives the survivor some indication where she is and that they should start juking to avoid the hit.

    3) Add a slight echo to audio she hears during phase walk. This increases the amount of skill needed to track during phase walk and means that she has to make predictions more often than reactions.

    These would address most of the issues people seem to have with her without gutting her core design.

  • I see this post every single day and every one parrots the same things over and over again. You blokes ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    "But most important is that when she's using her power, you can't actually tell if she's using it or not. That's the big problem with Spirit."

    See this is what upsets me about every argument against the Spirit right now.

    THIS IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF HER POWER. She is meant to be confusing. You are not meant to know exactly when she is phase walking. It's what makes her as good as she is. Literally every proposed "fix" for her involves basically adding a neon sign above her head that says "I AM PHASE WALKING" which is such a huge nerf to her power I can't even put it into words.

    Better solutions:

    1) Remove the ability to grab during post phase walk when using Prayer Beads. She no longer gets easy grabs and instead has to go for an attack. She still can get a potential free hit but it leads to a chase, not a guaranteed hook.

    2) Increase the sound of her footsteps within 6m but outside of the husk's TR. This gives the survivor some indication where she is and that they should start juking to avoid the hit.

    3) Add a slight echo to audio she hears during phase walk. This increases the amount of skill needed to track during phase walk and means that she has to make predictions more often than reactions.

    These would address most of the issues people seem to have with her without gutting her core design.

    idk man Spirits power is broken right now and makes the sound even inside the Terror Radius. Its not helping people get away. I still move twice as fast as them and they still have absolutely no idea where I am. The only thing it would help would be the standing still "mindgame."

  • I'm sure Spirit will receive the same treatment Nurse did.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/819255#Comment_819255

    idk man Spirits power is broken right now and makes the sound even inside the Terror Radius. Its not helping people get away. I still move twice as fast as them and they still have absolutely no idea where I am. The only thing it would help would be the standing still "mindgame."

    It's inconsistent though, and very hard to hear. You have to be really actively listening to hear to footsteps and the range is smaller than 6m.

    I'm saying making it more prominent. If you hear the footsteps she is within lunge range, so you have some info that can help you dodge the attack. Dodging the attack and/or being far enough away when she ends phase walk is how you beat her power, because she is a 110 killer for the next 15 seconds. That's literally how I win against Spirits and how most survivors win against my Spirit. They dodge the phase walk lunge or are too far away to get a hit soon after exiting phase walk.

    Like as I started typing this I got a game against a Spirit. I lead her on a wild goose chase around the main building on Mother's Dwelling for a solid 4 minutes. Unfortunately it was all for naught since I had 2 teammates DC before we even did 1 gen, but if they didn't that's an easy 4 gen chase right there. Half the time I'm listening for her footsteps (simple stereo headset BTW because my Astro's are charging) and just doing squirrelly #########, or vaulting a window knowing she can't make it to the other side in time.

    It's really not impossible to run this killer like you guys keep claiming. Despite that, I'll concede that maybe there should be some things to make the verse Spirit experience better, hence my suggestions. But literally telling survivors "I AM PHASE WALKING" will kill her so hard. That's the entire point of her power, and if you take that away she isn't nearly as strong, so every one of those types of suggestions are just pure nerfs, and therefore not valid solutions.

    Also part of the reason it doesn't help most players is because majority of survivors are just flat potatoes against Spirit. They over think every situation and do really stupid things like slow vault the pallet into what they think is the husk. That's like, the absolute WORST move to make, yet people continuously do it then complain about it. Just stop doing that, look at what options she ACTUALLY has to get you and play as if she is both standing still AND phase walking. The counter play options will open up. That's how you beat that trick, but very VERY few survivors can actually maintain the composure to pull it off.