Balance in an asymmetrical environment
Should 1 survivor = 1 killer when the teams are 4 survivors VS 1 killer?
Should 1 survivor = 1 killer when the teams are 4 survivors VS 1 killer?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
In reality it should be 1/4, 1/4, 1/4, 1/4 vs 1
and i'm just talking really high level...ignoring perks, addons, offerings, character's abilitites....
Well, here's the thing about these games...just think of the situation here...you have a group of 4 normal everyday people trying to survive and escape a brutal killer, like a horror movie. As we all know from watching those films, the killer is all powerful, picking each person off one by one with little effort, until you finally get to the final character who usually puts up a fight and survives. The point is, the killer should be powerful, but how do you translate that into a game that's at least somewhat fair for both sides, while staying true to that formula? It's a difficult question to answer, and therefore a difficult game to balance.
you rephrased it better...
In my brain, the survivors as a whole should = a killer.
That's honestly why I want communication to be implimented into the game, so that the game can be balanced around 4 quarters vs one.
Alone, you're very weak, with others you grow in strength.
I agree, it's hard to capture in a video game.
I could envison in game communication. At the most simplistic level...the closer you are the better the hearing...
again, this is simplistic...
Like ark survival evolved where it’s open comms but you have to be in x amount distance to communicate?
I respond with yes....
It might not be the worst of open comms. I solo mostly ,and for good reason.
I've legitimately had people make the argument that comms shouldn't be implimented because they dont want to deal with people who cant control their temper.
Oh you’re not going to like this, Bc I agree with them it’s super annoying. I’m really chill I just want to play a game with people who are also chill. I’m just trying to have fun. There’s also people whose game I can hear through their mice Bc it’s not synced, their crappy playlists of music, children where I have to watch what I say, and people who think they’re like “the best” at this game but do dumb thing after dumb thing and say this is “bs” over and over screaming. It disintegrates my fun. Which is why I solo so I don’t have to deal. If I want to communicate I do 4 swf with people I like whose personalities vibe well together. The option is there. Join the communities.
That's the problem with communications, you can't control how other people behave. I mute all on call of duty unless i'm playing with friends.