Is Demogorgon any good at farming bp? (ST chapter or The Rift?)

I'm thinking of either getting the stranger things chapter or getting the rift.

I thought I wanted the rift first, but after playing the new nurse more and experiencing the steaming pile of dogshit that is the dedicated servers, I'm not so sure anymore.

Comments

  • In my opinion. The demigorgon is somewhat fun, but i cant hear anything while playing as him besides "stomp stomp stomp stomp" . But He has.1 Decent perk being surge. 1 niche perk and another completely useless perk.

    As far as farming BP? I think theres better killers for farming BP than Demi.

    As far as the rift goes, you have like 60 something days before it even ends, so you can do the rift challenges first and level up your rift level by gameplay time and then purchase it if you like. And get all the rewards all at once for what ever level youve achieved. I only say this because theres a hot debate on the later challenges for tomes being luck based and not really completable.

  • I’d say it’s worth it if you know how to use him, for me he’s INSANELY fun to use. I usually like placing the portals around generators and the exit gates so I can patrol the gens and if they fix them all I’ll just go to the exit gates.

    since I’m pretty good with him I get around 20k bloodpoints, sooo I’d say it’s worth the buy

  • As stated by @InfinyMage , just wait the 60+ days and see how much progress you make on the rift and decide then if you want to buy it. You will be able to see everything that you will get at that point. I doubt it will be that easy, but it is possible to earn all 1000 auric cells back. If you can get them right back then it is a no brainer to buy the rift at that point.

  • You get a fair amount of BP with Demogorgon, but he isn't really something you can farm with while playing legit.

    That's one question who needs to be asked. Do you want to just farm BP or do you want a Killer that has good BP gains while doing well? Id rather just play a Killer I like to play and to hell with the BP gains. Playing a game is more fun than farming in my opinion.


    On topic though, Im loving the Demogorgon and earned a perfect 32k game with him in fact just yesterday. But he doesn't feel like a BP Killer. It's is more to deal with how Im using him and abusing STBFL with his Red Moss add-on to be everywhere possible and attacking like mad. Landing a lot of hits and getting into a lot of chases gives a lot of points. But it can easily backfire into lost games with nothing to show if I happen to find a good looper or 2. I was also lucky to get my build and by default Demogorgon can be found wanting.

    Surge, Ruin, BBQ, and STBFL. Ruin because it's Ruin. Surge for gen control that combos with STBFL. STBFL because it's nearly broken on Demogorgon with an easy(ish) to use damaging M2 power for the obsession. And BBQ for the BP plus the aura reading to make better use of tunnels. Does me well at least and I can easily keep my 20k+ BP average per game. But I almost always have a 20K average anyway with near any Killer, so take that with some salt.

    Demogorgon is just fun to play in honest. A Killer I highly recommend owning as a Legacy Killer main.

  • He's decent. But there are better farmers out there


  • @Chewy102 said:

    You get a fair amount of BP with Demogorgon, but he isn't really something you can farm with while playing legit.

    That's one question who needs to be asked. Do you want to just farm BP or do you want a Killer that has good BP gains while doing well? Id rather just play a Killer I like to play and to hell with the BP gains. Playing a game is more fun than farming in my opinion.

    On topic though, Im loving the Demogorgon and earned a perfect 32k game with him in fact just yesterday. But he doesn't feel like a BP Killer. It's is more to deal with how Im using him and abusing STBFL with his Red Moss add-on to be everywhere possible and attacking like mad. Landing a lot of hits and getting into a lot of chases gives a lot of points. But it can easily backfire into lost games with nothing to show if I happen to find a good looper or 2. I was also lucky to get my build and by default Demogorgon can be found wanting.

    Surge, Ruin, BBQ, and STBFL. Ruin because it's Ruin. Surge for gen control that combos with STBFL. STBFL because it's nearly broken on Demogorgon with an easy(ish) to use damaging M2 power for the obsession. And BBQ for the BP plus the aura reading to make better use of tunnels. Does me well at least and I can easily keep my 20k+ BP average per game. But I almost always have a 20K average anyway with near any Killer, so take that with some salt.

    Demogorgon is just fun to play in honest. A Killer I highly recommend owning as a Legacy Killer main.

    I wouldn't farm exclusively on her if I get her. But bp gains has always kept me from playing certain killers, because collecting bp is fun for me. XD I didn't play pig much before her BP buff, despite how well I got at playing her because I always felt like my time was better spent playing something I also enjoyed and being able to see my bp gains go up. hhe.



    Seems like people's feedback on demo is good. How is her addon tho? Does she have a more good ones than bad ones? Last thing I want is a killer who has only maybe 4 good addons and the rest are bad or even more actually hurt them.

  • @mistar_z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/812553#Comment_812553

    I wouldn't farm exclusively on her if I get her. But bp gains has always kept me from playing certain killers, because collecting bp is fun for me. XD I didn't play pig much before her BP buff, despite how well I got at playing her because I always felt like my time was better spent playing something I also enjoyed and being able to see my bp gains go up. hhe.

    Seems like people's feedback on demo is good. How is her addon tho? Does she have a more good ones than bad ones? Last thing I want is a killer who has only maybe 4 good addons and the rest are bad or even more actually hurt them.

    Most of the add-ons deal with Survivors destroying or interacting with your tunnels. Something they almost never do. Making roughly half of the add-ons worthless due to things out of your control. Some others are also not really worth using either. Stuff that makes you travel the upsidedown faster can be of use, but isn't going to do much. And recharging your power is also not all that useful due to how little you do travel through tunnels, but these do have worth in keeping map pressure.

    This leaves Demogorgon in a bad spot in how only a few add-on types are worth paying for and using. Luckily there are plenty of them in those types so you aren't going to run out. Longer Undetectable length, faster missed Shred recovery, and extra tunnels are all great buffs even if you just use commons.

  • Get the Rift if you want the cosmetics AFTER you've leveled it to the tier you want.

    Get Freddy if you want a killer to farm BP with.

    Get Demogorgon if you like the Demogorgon.

    :)