Is Anyone Else Disappointed With Withering Blight?

When I first got the game back in October 2018 the Withering blight was the first event I ever played. I have so many fond memories back than with how cool the maps looked, trying to manage my blight hooks along with hunting for survivors going after blights or generators. It was so fun and atmospheric


I would say Blight 2019 had been the event I was most looking forward to the entire year, I was so excited to have the maps mutated again and to finally have the game feel fresh and exciting again


Than they did the archives, there's no blights, no atmosphere, just a bunch of icons on a menu tied merely to mindless XP farming and a rift system with ridiculously luck dependent and unrewarding missions


Despite all my excitement for the game to feel fresh again, I find the blights this year have no effect. It's all about the same monotonous grind to get more stuff to avoid having to pay money for skins


The event feels hollow. What was an opportunity to make the game feel exciting again has been used to simply keep the status quo. XP Grinding for the sake of XP grinding, and to me I find myself


Disappointed

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Agreed, this event was really lackluster in everything, look at these menu screens from the years before and compare it to the one from this year

    RNFetchBlobTmp_6avz7c5x8spxghcw7t5bp.jpg RNFetchBlobTmp_3ayar6xsmhro7hatno209n.jpg RNFetchBlobTmp_7wu5ax6h9j2vty33g5n8ta.jpg

    Even the Original lobby looked better. In terms of how things go in game, last years was much more fun and interactive. Completing the special gens or getting special hooks doesnt even do anything besides extra BP either, at least the margarita machines and BBQ hooks contributed to something last year.

    I just wish the event could've been better, it was really disappointing especially since its tied to the rift which is harder to progress once you finish all the challenges. What's worse is we know the devs could've done better with the event cause we've seen it before.

  • @silverwolf4455 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814622#Comment_814622

    It does feel as tho they just threw something together.. considering Halloween is the biggest holiday for a game like DBD you think they would've done more.. I thought as of last years event they even had a dedicated event team...

    Also they even skipped the usual summer event so that they could work on this event and the rift... I'm not to impressed... :(

    I wouldn't call it the "usual" Summer event - to my recollection last year was the first time they did anything along those lines, so I didn't really have any expectations for summer events this year. But otherwise I agree, it did feel very last minute. Disappointing, as you say, particularly because they hired a dedicated events team this time last year.

1 2 ›