I don't like dead bodies in dead by daylight, simply because it doesn't fit the narrative. The game should represent an endless struggle of the survivors between hope and fear. They are doomed to repeat the cycle over and over again. It doesn't matter, how often you die or escape. You will end up at the campfire again and get dragged back into one realm of the entity to face one of her killers.
Dead bodies would suggest, that there is a way out. That death can be a solution and escape from the entity.
I don't like dead bodies in dead by daylight, simply because it doesn't fit the narrative. The game should represent an endless struggle of the survivors between hope and fear. They are doomed to repeat the cycle over and over again. It doesn't matter, how often you die or escape. You will end up at the campfire again and get dragged back into one realm of the entity to face one of her killers.
Dead bodies would suggest, that there is a way out. That death can be a solution and escape from the entity.
There are dead bodies in Hawkins. The dead bodies aren't actually the bodies of previous survivors; they're the memories of dead bodies.
I don't know if I'm explaining that right. There are dead cows on Lery's. The cows were never in the Entity's realm. It would be the same with any human corpses. They could be random human corpses, or they could be the memories of the Doctor's dead victims.
I like the feeling of utter loneliness. If there are bodies in maps, I would rather they look long-dead like in Gideon rather than fresh like in Hawkins (although it does add to the authenticity of the Hawkins in the tv show).
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think dead bodies will make it seem quite a bit more eerie and hopeless.
A hospital seeping with death is fitting.
Another map for the Lerys realm would be awesome like if it was for the top floor & roof.
100% necessary
I don't like dead bodies in dead by daylight, simply because it doesn't fit the narrative. The game should represent an endless struggle of the survivors between hope and fear. They are doomed to repeat the cycle over and over again. It doesn't matter, how often you die or escape. You will end up at the campfire again and get dragged back into one realm of the entity to face one of her killers.
Dead bodies would suggest, that there is a way out. That death can be a solution and escape from the entity.
There are dead bodies in Hawkins. The dead bodies aren't actually the bodies of previous survivors; they're the memories of dead bodies.
I don't know if I'm explaining that right. There are dead cows on Lery's. The cows were never in the Entity's realm. It would be the same with any human corpses. They could be random human corpses, or they could be the memories of the Doctor's dead victims.
I could go for some bodies on beds n stuff. Maybe not on the floor so it wouldn't get bumpy to run on.
we have dead cows...
I like the feeling of utter loneliness. If there are bodies in maps, I would rather they look long-dead like in Gideon rather than fresh like in Hawkins (although it does add to the authenticity of the Hawkins in the tv show).
I’m going to teabag the dead bodies lol
So you're saying the dead random pig in one of the beds doesn't count???? Whaaat
I feel their should be dead bodies all over the place on every map. i mean it is DBD after all, the entity craves dead bodies.