Do you like events with alternative/distrackting objectives?
I would like to know, if you guys like events, that distract each side (survivor and killer) from the usual game objectives.
For example I am talking about the pustular flowers and about the lanterns you could collect or destroy.
I have to say, since I play quiet a lot of Dbd during the year, I just love the events, that bring up alternative objectives. In my opinion, they also take out a lot of salt and swaet in the game, since everybody wants his event items and wants to get the special cosmetics.
Ofcourse this means, during the two event weeks, you usually will not get normal games. Like killers granting you to get your special event items, before hitting you or survivors letting you get some special hooks, before they leave the game.
I know some players dislike those events, because they still want their normal Dbd matches. I have to say I enjoy these events, since they anyway last just a few weeks and I love that most people suddenlty start being nice to each other instead of the usual trash talk and tbagging, etc.
What is your opinion?
Do you like events with distracting alternative objectives? Or do you dislike them and do you prefer just "special hooks" and "special gens" without any alternative objectives?
Comments
Mainly the balancing of objectives vs the flowers, against a good killer it could be pretty difficult to get everything done and I found myself choosing between objectives and flowers quite often
Wouldn't it be enough to give you emblem points for the flowers, so you don't derank by farming them?
I mean, what's the issue? If you want the flowers AND not being hooked, that would ofcourse not leave anything for the killer.
I mean, this sounds a bit like "I still want to play sweaty, when it comes to halloween events.". Do you mean it like that, or do I missunderstand you. Because that's what I liked about the flowers. Most survivors thought that there anyway the gens might not pop all, so they first tried to get their flowers and games went much less sweaty, which usually leaves the killer to be less sweaty, too.