That's exactly my point. By focusing on them this much, you aren't a casual player. There's nothing wrong with that though. But by the 4th level in the tome, I should hope that the challenges would be this difficult. That way that take at least the rest of the time to complete, possibly longer. The current challenges many people were able to finish in a day, which while theres nothing wrong with that, I'd like to see the challenges pick up in difficulty.
I don't mind a "challenge" either BUT there is a fine line between what is challenging based on skill and challenging based on being a time suck.
Even on the first tome challenges, players have been depipping and deranking just to get ONE chest done, let alone three in the same trial using Plunderer's Instinct. (which I did by some fluke).
I would be interested in unlocking the Killer ones as I dont play Killer, so I can gather the lore items. Whats a fair item to pay to unlock the tome period?
I had to resort to a SWF to beat the 3 chests in a trial challenge. Felt so dirty -_-
They don't want you to get 30 vials for hween cosmetics
I expect to engage with a system that DOESN'T have large swathes of brazenly anti-fun features that are designed to push people toward spending money to "progress."
I'm never gonna spend Auric cells to gain "progress" on the Rift, because I'm not all that hot and bothered about the cosmetics to begin with. I just want to be able to do the Tome challenges for the BP.
It's pretty much RNG and I don't like how they took a game like this and threw in RNG aspects to it.
I've always passionately hated RNG in video games. Loot drops, loot boxes, etc. Maybe others enjoy it, but I don't. It's not enough to make me stop playing since it isn't forced upon me, but it still sucks. I think that the idea is pretty neat and I dont have a problem shelling out a few bucks to continue supporting this game and BHVR, but if they're just giving me the illusion that I can complete this within a reasonable amount of time, then I'm just not going to buy into it.
And why does every company make cosmetics so damn expensive? Couldn't they just make them all a couple of bucks? I always figured more people would purchase them if that were the case. You still get a bunch of money and more people get reasonable access to the cosmetics. I'm not a developer so perhaps I'm wrong.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't mind a "challenge" either BUT there is a fine line between what is challenging based on skill and challenging based on being a time suck.
I had to resort to a SWF to beat the 3 chests in a trial challenge. Felt so dirty -_-
I expect to engage with a system that DOESN'T have large swathes of brazenly anti-fun features that are designed to push people toward spending money to "progress."
I'm never gonna spend Auric cells to gain "progress" on the Rift, because I'm not all that hot and bothered about the cosmetics to begin with. I just want to be able to do the Tome challenges for the BP.
It's pretty much RNG and I don't like how they took a game like this and threw in RNG aspects to it.
I've always passionately hated RNG in video games. Loot drops, loot boxes, etc. Maybe others enjoy it, but I don't. It's not enough to make me stop playing since it isn't forced upon me, but it still sucks. I think that the idea is pretty neat and I dont have a problem shelling out a few bucks to continue supporting this game and BHVR, but if they're just giving me the illusion that I can complete this within a reasonable amount of time, then I'm just not going to buy into it.
And why does every company make cosmetics so damn expensive? Couldn't they just make them all a couple of bucks? I always figured more people would purchase them if that were the case. You still get a bunch of money and more people get reasonable access to the cosmetics. I'm not a developer so perhaps I'm wrong.
Edit: Spelling error.