Anyone else thinks this event is probably one of the worse events we had?

Last year's Halloween event had an identity, it felt like you where part of the lore during that event even if it was fucky at some points during the event, it still was fun as hell and I loved every second of it, the gens and hooks looked cool and you actually felt like this "purge" the entity was going through actually happened and it felt cool and I really hoped we'd at least see the flowers again but now we have random pumpkins on top of the gens and next to the hooks with small growths next to hooks.

This event just feels like it has no identity at all, the Entity's purge feels completely diconnected from this event the skins look cool but I hate how you earn them, the Serum is abslutely horrible to get because I have the feeling the seconds level of the Archives will release if the event is about to end, I am not completely sure if it does or not but if it does it will be nearly impossible to actually gain all 60 Serum vials because then you have to rely on shard gain through leveling up your rift shard thing which will be hard as #########.

I hate the idea of combining the rift pass with the event because it feels increadibly ######### to progress through and on top of that the events loose their entire identity.

I gotta give the devs some props because the story section of the Archives is cool as hell but that's like the only good thing about this update and this event. I absolutely hate the Rift pass and I don't really wanna progress in it to be honest but I'll atleast try to get 20 more vials for one full skin because I sure as hell don't think that I'll be able to unlock the second one nor do I want to purchase them afterwards.

What do you guys think am I alone on that opinion?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Completely agree. This event stinks. You have to generate the gens with an offering then you cant do them because the killer hard camps them. The killers get the hook on their special hooks because they can carry survivors farther if necessary with perks. And what do you really get for completing the gen? Since this event is serum based you would think more serum....but nope....you get blood points. On a double blood point event....that survivors can barely get...because of gen campers or hook campers. This game is so screwed. I was really looking forward to the archives but you bring it all out in one day and everyone just screws the solo que person over to get their objectives done. This game is shite for solo quers but punishes swf teams and it's so killer biased. MoM...nerfed, dead hard barely works, instant heal nerfed, vaulting nerfed, pallet throwing nerfed, End game is a joke a single survivor can't get out of barely, flashlights nerfed. And lets not talk about the useless ability to wiggle. Everything a survivor needs to survivor is nerfed into the ground. You want to see how easy killer is? Go watch killer mains play with no perks and addons on twitch and still kill everyone. And its not because they are good exactly...but it's because survivors keep getting nerfed into the ground. The charm and excitment of the game loses its appeal when a survivor keeps getting kicked to the dirt and dying continually. Why bother with a game when you know the outcome of it? Once that sinks in with new players the novelty will wear off and game play fades because there really is no reward. I use to love this game i really did. But i didnt buy the starnger things dlc, haven't purchased any new cosmetics and certainly wont purchase the premium "battle" pass. BHVR will not get anymore of my money. And i haven't even talked about the constant disconnects from servers and slow load screens. Friday the 13th is a crap game but they seem to have their ######### together better and figured out better then the devs on this game.

  • I would probably say Howling grounds this year was kind of bad but it still was fairly fun and an actual event so i'd actually say the current Hallowed Catalyst would now be the worst because it feels like a slightly worse version of the old events we had where we had to get tokens through completing gens but that at least still had an identity this event feels just hollow

  • @justarandy said:

    It's a lazy ass event. The focus was clearly 99% on the battlepass.

    I dont even know how we earn serum.

  • Its in the battlepass. As I said, 99% focus on the battlepass

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801836#Comment_801836

    Its in the battlepass. As I said, 99% focus on the battlepass

    Oh, is there a way to earn it without the battle pass?

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801840#Comment_801840

    Oh, is there a way to earn it without the battle pass?

    It's in the free track, so you don't have to pay for it (in theory). It's not like the old event when you have to collect stuff etc. Just play the game, gain XP points, do the challenges and you will level up the free track of the battle pass and gain vials

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801841#Comment_801841

    It's in the free track, so you don't have to pay for it (in theory). It's not like the old event when you have to collect stuff etc. Just play the game, gain XP points, do the challenges and you will level up the free track of the battle pass and gain vials

    Wow, ok. The way you earn it isn't even related to the event.

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801843#Comment_801843

    Wow, ok. The way you earn it isn't even related to the event.

    Yeah, it's not even time framed, you can gain vials till the end if the battlepass (which is around 70 days from now)

  • I don't know, I like this event. It's not something special but it is something. I like the decorations and the design.

  • @TATAHARAMBE said:

    I don't know, I like this event. It's not something special but it is something. I like the decorations and the design.

    That's the thing, it's nothing special which is quite a big deal for a horror game not having a real halloween event

  • I should have never complained about the old hallowed blight event... I miss it now 😭


  • I would agree but Howling Grounds was atleast an event and had a new objective this event feels like the first iteration of the seasonal events where we collected coins and other things by completing gens but those where 15x better and still had something to offer but this event just has nothing at all so I'd say this is the worst event we had by now

  • @BottledWater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801937#Comment_801937

    I would agree but Howling Grounds was atleast an event and had a new objective this event feels like the first iteration of the seasonal events where we collected coins and other things by completing gens but those where 15x better and still had something to offer but this event just has nothing at all so I'd say this is the worst event we had by now

    Howling Grounds prevented fun to be had for multiple days.

    With this one, at least i can still have fun all days.

  • @TATAHARAMBE said:

    I don't know, I like this event. It's not something special but it is something. I like the decorations and the design.

    This is what I don't understand. This is a horror game, where you paid an MSRP, where they want you to pay quarterly for DLCs, pay quarterly for a Battlepass, and have a cash shop on top of all that. And "It's not special but it is something," is okay for a Halloween event?

    It's no wonder a lot of these game companies barely try anymore and just go all out to milk their players' wallets.

    It's a damned shame that games that aren't even horror themed managed to pull off better Halloween events this year. While here in Dead by Daylight, BHVR just continues to do the minimum while expecting you to continuously open your wallet.

    And I can see from many threads that some people just continue to open the wallet no matter what. I guess that's what Cote must have meant by: "pretty good job, so far."

    The EA-style business model is working out great for them.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801853#Comment_801853

    This is what I don't understand. This is a horror game, where you paid an MSRP, where they want you to pay quarterly for DLCs, pay quarterly for a Battlepass, and have a cash shop on top of all that. And "It's not special but it is something," is okay for a Halloween event?

    It's no wonder a lot of these game companies barely try anymore and just go all out to milk their players' wallets.

    It's a damned shame that games that aren't even horror themed managed to pull off better Halloween events this year. While here in Dead by Daylight, BHVR just continues to do the minimum while expecting you to continuously open your wallet.

    And I can see from many threads that some people just continue to open the wallet no matter what. I guess that's what Cote must have meant by: "pretty good job, so far."

    The EA-style business model is working out great for them.

    I agree. Ugh.

    Halloween should be the event of the year for dbd! Yet it’s CLEARLY just a cash cow to get people paying for the battle pass AND PAYING EXTRA FOR IT TOO.

1 2 ›