Thanks For Locking The Lore Behind Impossible Challenges

BHVR...You do realize, that almost all the 4th Tome challenges are close too, if not outright, impossible?

The second a Killer/Survivor runs the perks or the playstyles needed to even attempt the challenges, people will DC. You ARE aware of that, right?

Even if a Survivor/Killer has the skill, no one is going to stick around and suffer through any of the challenges?

If a Killer runs Iron Grasp/Agitation and starts dragging people to the basement, Survivors WILL disconnect.

Unhooking 3 survivors after EGC IN ONE MATCH!? I never see 3 people danging during EGC. Or see someone get hooked twice, or see two more people get hooked after EGC.

Trap all four Survivors in beartraps in the course of one match!? Considering all the perks to reveal beartraps, plus saving them on maps (and no, moving a trap does not erase it from a map); Trapper players are lucky to trap ONE person ONCE. What a joke!


Once again, a company has decided to sacrifice fun for money. It's clear to me that you made up impossible challenges because you don't want people earning rift shards too quickly. Why? Because people can buy Rift skips with auric cells. And you want to 'encourage' (IE: Force) people to buy Rift skips.


And for me, that's unforgivable. I'm really sad I bought the battle pass yesterday. I did it to support you guys and this is what I see today?

I'm the type of person who loves lore; I love looking at models in a model viewer. I love little blurbs and stats and in-universe comments.


And my fun, and now my excitement over the lore, is firmly nailed shut behind a wall of next-too-impossible challenges.


This is what I get for supporting a company, I guess. They end up no different from EA; just trying so hard to milk what they can and 'encourage' RMT. The second money comes into play, people stop caring about integrity and fun.


Welp, I've learned my lesson. Thanks.

Comments

  • okay dude.


    take care.


    bye

  • I don't feel like I'll be missing much. I was listening to parts of the Hunger and I started laughing. It sounded like an Old Spice commercial... I am here, or am I, now I am experimenting on killers, now I am the experiment...etc.

    Besides, I strongly believe youtube will solve all our problems eventually.

  • And if they disconnect, they should be ruthlessly punished with bans that get worse with every subsiquent ban.

    People need to man up and deal instead of running and crying the moment things get hard.

  • No different from EA? Excuse me? Do you see loot boxes everywhere yet?

    If you're going to draw comparisons, use Ubisoft, it's more accurate. (releases broken products, improves it with time, but keeps selling more characters and season passes)


  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    No different from EA? Excuse me? Do you see loot boxes everywhere yet?

    If you're going to draw comparisons, use Ubisoft, it's more accurate. (releases broken products, improves it with time, but keeps selling more characters and season passes)

    Both EA and Ubisoft sacrifice fun for a bigger bottom line They'd rather charge more or 'encourage' RMT with fake grind instead of making something their player base would enjoy.

  • @Entity_Burger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799809#Comment_799809

    Both EA and Ubisoft sacrifice fun for a bigger bottom line They'd rather charge more or 'encourage' RMT with fake grind instead of making something their player base would enjoy.

    Fun is subjective. Some people find running the challenges fun, some don't.

    This game has always had a grind, so more of the same is no surprise there.

  • But...it isn't

    20191031_084225.png

    You can get there without doing the bs challenges.


    Also, I disagree. Most are fine. Only a few are borderline impossible.


  • @Alice_pbg said:

    But...it isn't

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/948/RSTE909GHL29.png

    You can get there without doing the bs challenges.

    Also, I disagree. Most are fine. Only a few are borderline impossible.

    Agitated Advantage: You will probably be running Iron Grip as well. The second Survivors realize this, they will Suicide on the hook or DC. Plus, if just TWO people are not rescued, by sheer bad luck, you failed to complete this challenge for that round.


    Brutal Breaker: Given the Genrush meta, you will NOT break 8 pallets (I've counted how many I break. It's usually 4-5.) And kicking gens? Maybe, if you're insanely lucky..which is not skill. It's luck.


    Manifest Distress: Chase someone for 3 minutes with Distressing perk. Probably the easiest of the Challenges, provided you have Distressing on a Killer good at chasing. But since the genrush meta caps games at 5 minutes..Welp, you really gotta find someone FAST and never lose them. ..Oh yeah, and have a stopwatch handy.


    Mechanical Observation: This requires Survivors to 'help out'. They have to keep trying to repair that same genny. This rarely happens. Either a gen is so low on progress that they just abandon it, it's in a bad spot (and thus abandoned), or it's so close to being done that you can't get back to it. Because you HAVE to move away before a Survivor will repair it.


    One For Each: I already mentioned this one. Trapper is stupidly weak right now. There's too many perks that point out his traps, and if someone has a map, you will NEVER catch anyone in a beartrap again that match. Even before the RMT-Pass, a good/lucky Trapper got MAYBE 4 traps a match, and they could be on the same person/people, instead of 1 of each.


    Six Feet Under: I also talked about this. The second Survivors realize what you're doing, they will DC.


    Hold The Door: I don't get the wording. Does it mean every survivor still alive? Or do all 4 Survivors have to escape & you be last? What happens if 2 Survivors both want this challenge at the same time? What if you're the only Survivor alive?


    And loads more impossible Survivor challenges.


    The whole thing is a bad joke meant to roadblock players & inflate the Rift grind so that people will get sick of it and buy skips.

    And, of course, the lore is locked behind it, so lore fans like me are just boned.

  • Don't worry, somebody will post it on the internet for internet points

  • @Entity_Burger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799921#Comment_799921

    Agitated Advantage: You will probably be running Iron Grip as well. The second Survivors realize this, they will Suicide on the hook or DC. Plus, if just TWO people are not rescued, by sheer bad luck, you failed to complete this challenge for that round.

    Brutal Breaker: Given the Genrush meta, you will NOT break 8 pallets (I've counted how many I break. It's usually 4-5.) And kicking gens? Maybe, if you're insanely lucky..which is not skill. It's luck.

    Manifest Distress: Chase someone for 3 minutes with Distressing perk. Probably the easiest of the Challenges, provided you have Distressing on a Killer good at chasing. But since the genrush meta caps games at 5 minutes..Welp, you really gotta find someone FAST and never lose them. ..Oh yeah, and have a stopwatch handy.

    Mechanical Observation: This requires Survivors to 'help out'. They have to keep trying to repair that same genny. This rarely happens. Either a gen is so low on progress that they just abandon it, it's in a bad spot (and thus abandoned), or it's so close to being done that you can't get back to it. Because you HAVE to move away before a Survivor will repair it.

    One For Each: I already mentioned this one. Trapper is stupidly weak right now. There's too many perks that point out his traps, and if someone has a map, you will NEVER catch anyone in a beartrap again that match. Even before the RMT-Pass, a good/lucky Trapper got MAYBE 4 traps a match, and they could be on the same person/people, instead of 1 of each.

    Six Feet Under: I also talked about this. The second Survivors realize what you're doing, they will DC.

    Hold The Door: I don't get the wording. Does it mean every survivor still alive? Or do all 4 Survivors have to escape & you be last? What happens if 2 Survivors both want this challenge at the same time? What if you're the only Survivor alive?

    And loads more impossible Survivor challenges.

    The whole thing is a bad joke meant to roadblock players & inflate the Rift grind so that people will get sick of it and buy skips.

    And, of course, the lore is locked behind it, so lore fans like me are just boned.

    - i don't know where you play that people dc because of agitation.

    This is still simple. Even if it takes a couple matches

    -given I play currently. I DO kick 8 things every match. Don't pretend this one is hard...it isn't.

    -you seriously trying to pretend that pursuing people for 3 minutes during a match is hard? There's dailies for this, and no one complains. because it's easy to do. You don't even have to try.

    - often enough survivors just don't give up on a gen. Or tap it to stop the regression all the time.

    You might need to try a few times, but it's certainly doable.

    - now you're just admitting you don't know trapper. It's absolutely possible to hit all survivors with a trap in the same match, there's an achievement for it. People have that achievement. No reason they wouldn't be able to do that again.

    -or they won't.

    -i think everyone needs to survive.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    But...it isn't

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/948/RSTE909GHL29.png

    You can get there without doing the bs challenges.

    Also, I disagree. Most are fine. Only a few are borderline impossible.

    Hold up, most of these are totally different than the challenges I have. Am I missing something? Are these leaked challenges for the next tome? PS4 btw, if that matters.


    Edit: just realized this says tome 4. Oops.

  • @Jholla31 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799921#Comment_799921

    Hold up, most of these are totally different than the challenges I have. Am I missing something? Are these leaked challenges for the next tome? PS4 btw, if that matters.

    They're the Tome 4 Challenges. Apparently, when you complete Tome 1, you can click on Tome 4 & see what's there.