Archives
From the pictures of the Archives Challenges in Tome IV, they seem impossible to complete. If they aren't they are impossible to complete in the short amount of time remaining for the Rift. To me, and I could be wrong, but to me it seems like a questionable business tactic to force people to buy Auric Cells.
Thoughts?
Comments
How are they forcing you to buy auric cells?
I could be wrong, but, if you buy the Premium Track of the Archives, the ending challenges are VERY difficult to complete, meaning you will not get the full 1000 Auric Cells you need to buy the Pass again.
One of the challenges is, "Hook Four Survivors in the Basement in a Single Trial." These challenges are only unlocked near the end of the Rift. They seem unreasonably difficult.
You can get Rift Fragments via playing. Also, go for the Killer Challenges if you want the Lore, they are easier than the Survivor ones.
No need to spend additional Auric Cells.
I was under the impression that Rift Fragments were awarded for leveling up and are quite difficult to get. I'm afraid I don't have much time these days, and I cannot spend an unholy amount of time on Dead By Daylight, no matter how much I want to.
I figured it would be tough to earn back all 1000 auric cells so that the next pass would be completely free, but saying they are "forcing" you to buy cells is a stretch since it is a totally optional. You can still play the game as is without spending a dime and they even through us a bone with the free rift section.
I mean, you can check in the end how much you progressed on the free Track and check out, what you would have gotten on the Premium Track and then base your decision upon that, if you want to buy the Rift Pass or not.
Also, they added the progress from the 18ths (dont quote me on the current date, only like 90% sure), so you can check how much progress you got in those days and you can estimate how much progress you will likely get in the full Rift Period.