Fair Object of Obsession Change
So some players who use Object feel threatened by the change that happened to it which is rightly so but the only reason that this perk makes stealth Killers into OG Freddy is because the effect of the perk is too strong for this game. It is too strong to have a perk that shows a person's Aura for an unlimited duration i.e seeing the Killer and/or seeing the Survivor constantly with no cooldown or max duration. Because it is so powerful I propose a change to the perk hat keeps the effect but makes it more challenging and fair to use.
''When outside of a Killer's Terror Radius you can reveal the Aura of the Killer by looking directly at them revealing it for 2/3/4 seconds; the Killer can also see your Aura. The perk has a cooldown of 4 Seconds.''
Basically you can see the Killer for 4 seconds just like BBQ and Chili reveals Survivors for 4 seconds and then for 4 seconds the perk is on cooldown before it can reveal them again. This gives Survivors a chance to see the Killer for a short duration and then hide while being unrevealed even when they look at them giving Object more power. This also means that Killers like Trapper have less of a chance to be seen placing traps as they may not be within the 4 seconds of being seen and this also means that if the Killer learns that someone has Object they can play around with it since they can't be seen all the time. Trapper can wait the 4 seconds out and then put the trap down when the Aura is gone.
This does mean that Laurie's perk Sole Survivor becomes borderline useless since the only reason that perk was created was to work with Object. Sole Survivor gets its power from dead teammates and that hurts the perk and since the Aura reading from Object is incredibly short, Sole Survivor has even less use since its effects are basically almost unnoticeable. This perk will have to be changed as well but I am not focusing on that perk in this.
Comments
I don't know man, Object seems fine as it is right now. Of course outside swf, its ridiculous how easy this game is when you are on comm with one person constantly telling you what killer is doing exactly.
Well there you go, Object is a perk that everyone agrees is super powerful when combined with SWF and this was before Stealth Killers got their 100% obvious buff they should have had since the very beginning. I don't use Object of Obsession as I enjoy being sneaky and being chased but you can't be sneaky if you can be seen. I came up with this idea because I saw some people were deeply offended that they could be seen by Stealth Killers but can't see them and while at first I felt those people were selfish entitled hypocrites I realized that they are still right so maybe the perk should be changed so both parties can counter it whether they are a Stealth Killer or not.