Grabs + dedicated servers

They don't work 99% of the time and you're just stuck no-clipping forward while they run away not hit or grabbed, then teleport back to the grab location and have animation bugs usually.

Is anyone else having this experience? I play Tinkerer Nurse so I get a lot of grabs over the course of a day and on dedicated servers it almost always ends up being worse for me than if I had just lunged at them.

Comments

  • boy thats gonna make that "grab X survivors" challenge in the archives a pain then.

  • Yes. I mean, grabbing was buggy previously aswell. But at least with the p2p connection you would get a hit instead. However dedicated servers you don't get the grab nor a hit. Just stuck in animation and the survivor can run away for free.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/98310/grabs-dedicated-servers

    Yes, you don't get the grab, NOR do you get a hit. Screwed by Dedicated Servers

    I agree it's an awful feeling but I'm not trying to knock Dedicated Servers. Quite frankly I really don't care what we end up using just as long as it works most of the time. P2P did that for me personally pretty well, I have a fast connection. I understand DS might help others though and that's awesome, as long as I can keep a semblance of what we have now with P2P I'm all for helping others get a better game experience.



    @justarandy said:

    Yes. I mean, grabbing was buggy previously aswell. But at least with the p2p connection you would get a hit instead. However dedicated servers you don't get the grab nor a hit. Just stuck in animation and the survivor can run away for free.

    Exactly. Half the time I think I've dc/d and am left wondering what the hell is happening while they just run away like "lulz" and it feels awful :(