CHAT BAN AND PROBATION PERIOD SUGGESTION - COMMUNICATION ABUSE

I was thinking that adding a probation period from a temporary ban to go to a lower tier (24, 48, 7 day, permanent) after getting banned for communication abuse could be something worth looking into. Let's say it's been 6 months before something really pisses you off or you're defending yourself in chat, shouldn't that be enough time to go to a lower tier instead of going up that might end up resulting in a possible tier up or permanent ban? Also, there could be some sort of chat ban that would stop toxic players from even saying anything (league of legends has something like this in place that relies heavily on communication while in a match). Sometimes frustration gets the best of us and people may say some dumb [BAD WORD] to remove stress or anger. I'm not sticking up for myself or other "toxic" players as I know what things I said were wrong, but just asking if we as players are able to become reformed over time.

Comments

  • Feel free to put in a support ticket if you feel that your ban was excessive or unjustified.

  • They NEED to revise the whole verbal ban system and post-game chat system too. I had a friend get in some trouble for saying what he did in chat. The killer DID provoke it after my buddy told the killer to stop camping and actually play the game. (TYPICAL DBD TOPIC, AMRIRITE?) and the killer said something to set him off. WOW did my friend let that guy have it.

    Next thing you know hes banned from the game for a few days. So Let me go back on this. Looking at this from a LEGAL standpoint. The friend didn't exploit the game and the game DOES have other modes such as Shopping for goods, An offline shrine of secrets which players can go in and use it. as well as the INCOME mode for the game is in that screen too. As well as PLAY AGAINST FRIENDS mode.

    If a person looks at the "ban screen" it wont let the player into the actual game itself. It uses a pre-load authentication before a player can access that. That means OFFLINE content and FRIENDS-ONLY can NOT be accessed.

    So if I go over and look at Canadian law. and the business rules. Is this actually legal? Well if I was to put this into their perspective.. I think you can imagine where this IS going. Probably. NOT.

    So lets dive into the depth of this. and go with Justification.

    1. Should the game simply MUTE the player from post-game chat. More than likely it is a "YES". They SHOULD receive a mute ban. All Valve servers and SRCDS Server admins resort to MUTES vs Ban. I own an SRCDS server and that is what I DID. Because I WANT Ad revenue. If the person can no longer talk. They still play the game, and the que times are fairly balanced. Everyone becomes toxic in online games at some point.
    2. Should the Game's UI still be accessible during a ban for abusive language. "yup" if the player wants to use the store to customize their Character and buy stuff from the store. Let em.
    3. Should friends-only mode still be accessible for a language and verbal abuse ban. YUP. It means that they are ONLY playing with friends and not spreading it through the community.

    The bottom line is. Ethically speaking. Verbal abuse is bad. But depriving someone of SAID PROPERTY over something which wasn't exploiting, hax'ing or even a semi-false reporting. Including PROVOKED language. Isn't enough to justify a LOSS of content that the player PAID FOR. If that is the case. Than talking with my business lawyer for my farm. A person could in ESSENCE file a suit against the player, with a Subpoena to court in order to challenge the player that reported the other party. due to deprivation of said property. With a request for server records and seek damages. Which is why game companies need to revise their policies in the first place. Cheat = justified ban. Verbal Abuse. MUTE ban. Fair policies.

  • RedRingofInformation.png

    Press this button to close the chat window. Never press it again. Now you cannot see what people write to you AND you cannot write anything to them. Its a massive win-win.

  • @se05239 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/327/C8RKKE4LJN4F.png

    Press this button to close the chat window. Never press it again. Now you cannot see what people write to you AND you cannot write anything to them. Its a massive win-win.

    Chatting is part of what makes Dead By Daylight on PC so great. There's reasons for trash talk or to praise others, depends on how each match went. Closing that window and playing like a mute defeats the community aspect, especially in lower ranks when you see the same people a lot.

    As far as banning before being able to enter any type of menu screen for offline mode, I never thought about if that would be associated with legal issues. The only type of games I can think of that restricts you from playing all together even with paid content are MMOs and I don't think that touches any legal issues with bans. Not sure though as I'm not even close to being a lawyer.