Is it possible for progress to be shared between platforms?

I'm a avid PS4 player, and i was interested in buying the switch version, or PC if I finally buy a gaming pc, but I wouldn't want to completely buy all the dlc again and grind up all the survivors/killers. Is it possible or on tbe bucket list to be able to link accounts and transfer progress between platforms, like overwatch or fortnite does?

Comments

  • Of course it's possible. The devs just don't have the time or perhaps the will to do it.

  • It's always possible.

    Will it happen? It may but from what's been said it's not something they are working on and I would say probably not for licensed DLC as thats not just down to BHVR but the licensee and a deal would have to be made for each one.

  • Cross platform will happen but there will be resistance as more money made buying x2 games and content.

    PC games are easier to mod, faster speeds so opens a can of worms.

    I've bought it and other games on ps4 and pc so frustrating but as with FN people will flock to it and those that don't keep up...

  • It's not currently supported, no. Is it possible? I suppose it could be, although it's not currently on the roadmap and I can't make any promises.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's not currently supported, no. Is it possible? I suppose it could be, although it's not currently on the roadmap and I can't make any promises.

    @Peanits what about when the ps5 comes out next year? Will our progress on ps4 transfer over??

  • @MedicSpirit7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/784044#Comment_784044

    @Peanits what about when the ps5 comes out next year? Will our progress on ps4 transfer over??

    I cannot possibly say. I can't even say for sure whether or not the game will be on the PS5 (even though I would certainly hope so). If/when that happens, we'll do a proper announcement.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/784139#Comment_784139

    I cannot possibly say. I can't even say for sure whether or not the game will be on the PS5 (even though I would certainly hope so). If/when that happens, we'll do a proper announcement.

    PS5 supports backwards compatibility with PS4 games as far as I know.