Plague change Idea
The plague is an awesome idea on paper. The fact that she can spread sickness to multiple survivors passively through their own actions gets me all tingly as a killer main.
Unfortunately however, getting them broken hardly helps in her objective to stall the game if the survivors choose not to cleanse. Her power is almost useless at that point as she will have to chase survivors through every loop to M1 them. If they do choose to cleanse, she's also forced to go to a most likely awkward spot on the map to gain the power to damage survivors. In my experience it's usually not worth it to abandon your chases or leave an advantageous position in the Hope's of finding someone to gain value from by using the corrupt purge on. Long story short, she's weak due to zero mobility and lack of control over what survivors do.
Any killer who's power is controlled by survivors is inherently weak for various reasons. In my opinion (trapper, plague, ghostface, and pig) fall under thit category to some degree. Pig being ring mainly but still. Now I know there are arguments against these points and they're usually somewhat valid but they usually involve addons or perks to help fill in the power gap. When was the last time a myers didnt down someone because the survivors disallowed it. Never because you cant stop myers like you can the plague from using her power for example.
My idea is to remove the survivors ability to instantly heal from a fountain but also remove plagues ability to damage survivors at range, instead, having the fountains cure only the broken status and have her power give passive debuffs to every survivor who is fully sick/broken. Perhaps stack as freddy's power does depending on how many survivors are sick at once. This would make it viable for plague to run nurses calling or any anti heal perks such as sloppy. As of right now, there are a lot of dead perks that we have to waste blood points on for her.
No gen slowdown and no heal slowdown as that would make her too powerful with perks, but make it to where sick survivors are blind, exhausted, hemorrhaged, or maybe even oblivious when on a generator/performing an action through various add ons. Her base kit would just leave them broken. You could also add a new effect just for plague like an imaginary bubble around a survivor that if another survivor gets near would spread the disease. Just an idea.
Theres a lot of things I'm probably forgetting and some that I couldn't flesh out fully due to lack of time or preparation at all but I think these changes would be for the better. Plague has grown on me over the past week and I just want to be able to run her with confidence that I wont get steamrolled in high ranks. I've just got her to P3 and even got the frustrating adept plague at r1. Her withering blight cosmetic will most likely be the first I earn. Anyway, thanks for reading. Let me know what you think of these ideas, I'm sure theyre not new but I felt the urge to share my thoughts today. Maybe we can bounce creative ideas off each other. What do you want plague to be?
Comments
PLAGUE def does not need a buff
Agreed. As a Plague main, I can tell you that buffing her would simply make it so it is impossible to win against me and other people who have familiarized ourselves with her currently and have developed strategies around people not cleansing. If you make people cleanse, you get rid of these strategies that are her greatest strength.
I honestly use her when i smell its a vet squad of swf's .
shes absolutely wonderful
dont really matter if ppl cleanse or not
its a win win .. either they stay injured or they give you a pretty daaaamn powerful ability
Care to explain why she doesnt need a buff? I'm not sure I agree though. I still think she needs one. Survivors not cleansing is the right play for them. Even though they're one shot you still have to deal with their perks and loops. Everything I say from this point will just be up in the air because every game is different and every survivor is different. Sometimes we get lucky and catch them slipping but it's up to us to capitalize on their mistakes. I feel like plague cant capitalize on anything by being an m1 killer because that's basically what she is when they dont cleanse. Maybe buff was the wrong word. I meant "change" I guess looking back on it now.
I'm not sure about you guys but I like my killer's power to be impactful in different ways. Being an m1 killer is boring when she has so much potential. I changed the title to change instead of buff because that's what I meant
It sounds like you just need to use more synergized perks with her and make sure you don't focus one person too much. Infectious fright & monitor is a good combo because everyone is injured and you can just go to them, down them, onto the next one until you see no more bubbles, and then hook who you have for map pressure. Another good combo of perks (whole build) is Thana, Dying Light, Pop Goes the Weasel, and Corrupt intervention. You force the survivors into a small area due to corrupt which allows you to force them to get sick if they touch a gen at all, they eventually break, set you up thana, while you are also stacking up Dying Light. Then, you have control with pop because downs are so quick with her.