I always had this issue where i just constantly feel under pressure while playing a game with a rank on it, i don't know why but this keeps happening, anybody ever encountered this issue? This also happens with dbd sadly.
Honestly that's pretty normal. Rank gets to your head, makes you feel that you have to be at a certain point to be good, to be a winner, to have an opinion, etc. It doesn't help that others echo this nonsense that your brain provides despite it being just that, nonsense.
Rank in a lot of games does matter but it doesn't mean any of those things. It should honestly be ignored unless you have a goal that you're reaching for (at which point the pressure is a positive thing)
As for DBD specifically, it helps to remember that Rank is just a matchmaking tool. It's just there to try and keep good players away from new players and is otherwise pretty pointless. A rank 1 isn't guaranteed to be better than a rank 10. They're just guaranteed to have played longer that season. Looking at it this way helps me play when I feel anxious about being too low a rank or too high a rank.
If all else fails and you can't relax while playing ranked games, take a break from them. Seriously, sometimes you just need a break from things that your brain marks as competitive.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Honestly that's pretty normal. Rank gets to your head, makes you feel that you have to be at a certain point to be good, to be a winner, to have an opinion, etc. It doesn't help that others echo this nonsense that your brain provides despite it being just that, nonsense.
Rank in a lot of games does matter but it doesn't mean any of those things. It should honestly be ignored unless you have a goal that you're reaching for (at which point the pressure is a positive thing)
As for DBD specifically, it helps to remember that Rank is just a matchmaking tool. It's just there to try and keep good players away from new players and is otherwise pretty pointless. A rank 1 isn't guaranteed to be better than a rank 10. They're just guaranteed to have played longer that season. Looking at it this way helps me play when I feel anxious about being too low a rank or too high a rank.
If all else fails and you can't relax while playing ranked games, take a break from them. Seriously, sometimes you just need a break from things that your brain marks as competitive.
Ranking system doesn't really mean anything to me, I don't pay attention to it much.
I just play the game, I don't worry about trying to rank up, if I'm playing for fun, if I had a reason to care about the ranking system, I'd start.