Client side selected attire ?

Should client sided attire be an option? I think so.


Example of mechanics- An option is added in your game options settings to 'Use client side outfits'. When turned on you no longer see the cosmetics of other players. Instead, your client has all of the other survivors and killers enter the game using what YOU currently have them wearing on your client.

Alternatively, having the option in each individual characters screen when you go to equip them with outfits could be handy, but I also expect this would be a lot more work coding.

Example in use - You are playing survivor and are matched up vs a trapper. With Client sided attire on, the trapper you play against is equipped with the 'Macmillin Miner' outfit that YOU purchased in the Auric Cells shop and currently have equipped on your trapper instead of whatever scrubby cosmetics that your opponent owns. Only you see this.

Benefit -This promotes more Auric Cell purchases from players that can afford it (whales). Sick of seeing players running around in their default outfits? Have this option toggled on and Buy David that sexy topless look. Even if you never intend to play a character you now have a reason to buy outfits for them. Best of all, Killer cosmetics would actually be useful to the player that purchased them. I am sure killer cosmetic sales are doing very very poorly because 'Why should I buy an outfit I'll never see?'

Benefit -Helps reduce killer dodging. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed it. Killers more frequently dodge lobbies with players fully kitted out in outfits, especially when they only have default cosmetics. Maybe this would help that.

Benefit/Drawback? - Pay2Win. Yes, I know they are cosmetics, they cant be pay to win right? But we all know immersive Claudettes in p3 are a thing. Now imagine someone equipping their Claudette with white outfits just so all their opposing Claudettes couldn't hide (when not on a bright map)? But if you claim dark cloths for sale aren't pay to win then you cant complain about this either. Is this a benefit or a drawback, I'm not sure, seems like it's a bit of both.

Drawback -Multiple Bills (or any survivor really). This would make it harder for a killer to know who they are chasing when their opponents load in with 3 identical characters. I don't really have an answer to this unless say, it scrambles the outfits of clones after the first gets your loadout. But to be fair, This already happens rather frequently with duplicate characters so I don't see it as much of a new problem.

Other notes- Trinkets/charms should likely be immune to this. That way players still have something unique to show off while being small enough that no one is likely to care about it too much.

Personally, I think this would be awesome and would drive me to buy a lot of cosmetics for everyone instead of just having one survivor looking nice.

Comments