Wraith leveling up experiment with stats
I posted this on Steam, I'll post it here too, because I hope DEVs will read it.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1607148447812100915/ I answered all questions there.
DISCLAIMER: this post is not about survivors or killers being OP. This post is about huge balance gaps in the game between Solo-SWF, between certain killers (e.g. Wraith-Nurse) and between survivor-killer on low or high ranks.
I usually play solo survivor, I haven't played killer for 2 years, I suck as killer. I reached rank 2 two years ago and stopped leveling up killer. The game is currently horrible for solo survivors, I was wondering how bad it is for killers, so I decided to level up a killer for a certain number of ranks. I played enough games to get statistically relevant data.
My PC isn't good enough to record games, so I made screenshots. 2-3 screenshots for every game, but I uploaded only 1 for each game.
I played the lowest tier killer and still I owned survivors during the games I played on lower ranks. Even though during the first 5-7 games I would sometimes swing 3-4 times before I could hit some someone, I didn't even know what key I use for mori. I'm bad at mindgaming and to have clear experiment results I just followed survivors like a braindead killer and broke all pallets they would drop.
As you can see from the results, it's just absolutely horrible. You can easily have 5-8 4k games in a row with almost no gens done. I wonder what results experienced killer players have or killers maining high-tier killers like Spirit or Nurse? The state of the balance is just awful.
That said, everyone understands, that the games for killer get harder and harder as you rank up and you get more and more SWF teams, so I don't imply that you 4k as easy in red ranks, but what we see here is enough to say the the balance is awful. Some SWF teams just destroyed me without giving me a chance. This is another side of DBD and it shows how unbalanced the game is for both sides. You either 4k or you 0k.
Still, the main conclusion is that the game is absolutely BROKEN FOR SOLO survivors at the moment. As a killer you can still win at least 50% of your games or much more even if you play the weakest killer. As a solo survivor you lose 80-90% of the games, no matter how hard you try. I play in red ranks as solo survivor, so I know that well enough.
The sad thing is that DEVs probably look at the average stats. And if I kept playing until rank 1, I'd have more 0k games, and on average the final result wouldn't look so bad anymore. But what matters is not the average result, but individual games. Each individual game is horribly out of balance. It's the same if you calculate an average escape rate between Solo and SWF. On average it would look ok, but SWF players would escape 90% and solo players only 10%. It's the same if you average out the kill rate between low-tier and high-tier killers. On average the balance looks ok, but in reality the game is just broken beyond repair.
Comments
Level up: Rank 20 -> Rank 10
Average kill rate for 47 games: 2.9k
Initial state: https://imgur.com/CcKZ62t
Game# - number of kills - (comments) - screen for proofs:
1. 4k - https://imgur.com/SIEvbcP
2. 2k - https://imgur.com/MxQrDhj
3. 4k - https://imgur.com/k2XhtGN
4. 4k - https://imgur.com/hWcneBQ
5. 1k - https://imgur.com/z0rmsnk
6. 3k (hatch escape) - https://imgur.com/mM9Mr2R
7. 2k (2 man hatch escape) - https://imgur.com/p1z2IE0
8. 4k (3 gens left) - https://imgur.com/F3pZxmj
9. 2k - https://imgur.com/ZPHTxQj
10. 4k (2 gens left) - https://imgur.com/TJOqdKe
11. 4k (5 gens left) - https://imgur.com/GF5KrxA
12. 4k (2 gens left) - https://imgur.com/pWzl4vO
13. 4k (2 gens left) - https://imgur.com/hVYodBU
14. 4k (2 gens left) - https://imgur.com/SNxtADD
15. 4k (4 gens left) - https://imgur.com/vZLm9nN
16. 4k (1 gen left) - https://imgur.com/VcKBlRS
17. 4k (4 gens left) - https://imgur.com/NWaOOi6
18. 3k (4 gens left, 1 hatch escape) - https://imgur.com/KinOW8e
19. 4k (2 gens left) - https://imgur.com/L2kpaQZ
20. 4k (all gens done) - https://imgur.com/qbLHISc
21. 4k (3 gens left) - https://imgur.com/QxtYc3o
22. 1k - https://imgur.com/d0wHz7S
23. 4k (4 gens left) - https://imgur.com/OXQsrq6
24. 0k - https://imgur.com/WO2D7jB
25. 3k (3 gens left, 1 hatch escape) - https://imgur.com/tUWSVLs
26. 4k (2 gens left) - https://imgur.com/4QOOuth
27. 2k - https://imgur.com/8NTCY1G
28. 4k (all gens done) - https://imgur.com/IDKehek
29. 0k - https://imgur.com/nCaFp0x
30. 0k - https://imgur.com/1AOVo8V
31. 4k (5 gens left) - https://imgur.com/WW9qDGy
32. 4k (4 gens left) - https://imgur.com/q8vwsEh
33. 4k (4 gens left) - https://imgur.com/XgxGQPc
34. 1k - https://imgur.com/Ak3XM77
35. 4k (2 gens left) - https://imgur.com/oqDaEIl
36. 3k (2 gens left, 1 hatch esape) - https://imgur.com/gvv9Z8Q
37. 4k (4 gens left) - https://imgur.com/ZiViV7r
38. 1k - https://imgur.com/7oCvvko
39. 0k - https://imgur.com/rhy738j
40. 3k (1 gen left, 1 hatch escape) - https://imgur.com/OH2vogo
41. 2k (2 man hatch escape with key) - https://imgur.com/3r5XAnu
42. 4k (2 gens left) - https://imgur.com/FaFQkuK
43. 4k (4 gens left) - https://imgur.com/bASPFJn
44. 2k (all gens done) - https://imgur.com/Chg9Gfz
45. 3k (2 gens left, let 1 survivor escape) - https://imgur.com/aWSj3Jj
46. 0k - https://imgur.com/sXk47NM
47. 3k (1 gen left, 1 hatch escape) - https://imgur.com/V3hkHEY