Give players a behavior Score.
In the last 2 days almost every single survivor game I've played has had someone rage quit EVERY SINGLE TIME when they got hooked, found in a locker, or just downed in general at the start of the game.
It's happened so much so that I'm here (Seriously it just happened the last 3 games in a row); complaining on the forum - BUT it's not just a complaint, it's a suggestion as well!
So, ya, lots of rage quits (And they are rage quits) I report them, sure, but does that actually do anything?
I'm sure that generates a lot of noise for the company as well; there has to be tons of reports to go through every day.
But, instead of that, why not just give players a "Behaviour" score (See what I did there? 🤣).
You can rate it whatever... 0-100, 0-1000, whatever. You would obviously have to weight it depending on the reports and maybe change the report system completely to make it work.
But when people report someone (Or commend) at the end of the game, that will lower (Or raise) their behavior score. Once it gets TOO low, lets say on a score of 0-100 they get like a 25, there's some sort of penalty. Maybe they are put into a lower priority queue, maybe they they get a temporary suspension, maybe they have a super bright cosmetic that shows the killer where you are, at all times, no matter what (Ok that might be a bit too much). Whatever, it could be anything. Obviously, this could cause some potential issue with queue times; as it is, finding a game can be pretty hard nowadays.
So something like this might need to wait for a new big patch with a bunch of people coming back, idk.
And you can also give players rewards for having a good behavior score (Maybe an end of season reward?). I try to commend players a lot more nowadays, but I don't think many people do. If people commend each other (Obviously, you have to take parties into account and maybe people in party can't commend each other or at least it wouldn't affect their score... Or maybe just not as much?) maybe they get some special cosmetic, or a special symbol, or just something.
Comments
Making a system based purely on reports is a bad idea. Mob justice is usually far from fair.
Yeah not gonna happen.
A system based on reports would just be the biggest flaw there is and the LAZIEST way to do things.
Everyone's view on the game, and how it should be played is subjective, so to people, there is always a BIG no-no in their book, where someone else would tolerate it.
Take camping for example: A lot of people hate these kinda people, but I'm one of few who don't mind it. I'll admit, I find it annoying to deal with time-to-time, but I understand that it was my fault that i got caught, so I'm not so stressed.
I don't report camping, but others will. The opinions on "Toxicity" is actually not really shared by everyone. In fact, the very definition of Toxicity is twisted in absurd ways as entitled people regard killing survivors "Toxic" (Possibly).