Master challenges should be accessible for all participating players
Either through perseverance or skill should the challenges be obtainable. Not star aligning, gods smiling, luck.
People who make it to level 4 should feel accomplished because at this point they have already demonstrated dedicating time and knowledge to the game - not pressured and panicked to try to race against the clock with one of many difficult, needle in haystack type challenges. I would also say it’s predatory to make the challenges so hard on so little time that players might feel pressure to fork over some of those rebate auric cells.
Please reconsider the later challenges in the rift to be more accessible to the players participating, especially those who already laid down 10 bucks on the line.
Comments
Archives challenges are free to everyone. For all time I believe. I actually prefer and want challenges to be as difficult as possible for players like me who want to grind out tough things (then again I come from games such as dark souls etc where I enjoy difficulty and being challenged etc, always striving to be the best yada yada not for anyone else mind you but for myself.)
Though I haven't gotten to check tome - part 4 out yet, is there any particular challenges on there that stand out?
I am aware that the challenges are free - that’s not what I meant by accessible. If someone doing the battle pass is a low rank, I guarantee that asking them to sacrifice 3 people in the egc with noed or 4 hook basement will end in bitter frustration - either for the killer, who’s trying their best but keep getting outmatched by survivors, or survivors who got done dirty by the killer. Toxicity will rise if it becomes apparent that the challenges are borderline impossible.
I enjoy a challenge too - I have 44 platinum trophies - what I do not enjoy is exceptionally difficult challenges designed to frustrate and force players to either give up or pay up.
That may just be the future of DbD. Everyone throwing to complete challenges.
Even killers have challenges that require doing poorly.
I didn’t even think about how dcing is going to get so much worse, in both frequency and toxicity in regards to the rift.
I really hope Bhvr does something about this, because nobody will want to pay for something they feel cheated out of or wasn’t worth their money.
I understand why they can't really ban for DCing until the dedicated servers are up, but I don't get why they can't already implement the husk mechanic. A survivor leaves in any way that's not being sacrificed, boom, their husk remains. Considering how it seems I more often than not have at least one survivor DC per match, this is really needed for the health of the game. With these new challenges, it's even more necessary.
Lol. That isn't the issue. The issue is they are BS hard for normal people.