Ideas for Buffing Demogorgon's Perks
The title is pretty self-explanatory. Countless people, including myself, were shocked to find out how... futile Demogorgon's perks turned out to be. As always, after testing them out for a bit and putting in a bit of thought, I put together this thread containing the proposed new perk description and an explanation behind it. Happy reading.
Surge
Your eerie presence charges the air and interferes with technology.
Putting a Survivor into the dying state causes all generators within a 32 meter radius to instantly explode and regress with an additional regression of 8%/9%/10%.
- Removed the cooldown. It was unnecessary since the perk rewards you for downing a Survivor near a generator.
- Removed the 'basic attack' mechanic. There is no reason to have this. Infectious Fright used to have it as well, and it was removed since it made the perk far less useful. Surge is no exception.
- Increased the regression applied to 10%, up from 8%. In the PTB, it used to apply 12%, so I think setting in the middle should be fine. Then again, I can't test this, soo...
- Unlisted: Surge will also effect already regressing generators.
- Unlisted: Surge will synergise with Surveillance and Pop Goes The Weasel. It won't work with Overcharge since its perk description states that the effect is only applied during the "Damage Generator" action. This could be changed to benefit Surge.
---
Cruel Confinement
Your ties to the otherworldly manifest when your prey attempts to get away.
When any generator is 50% repaired, you receive a loud noise notification and all windows and vault locations within a 32 meter radius of the generator will be blocked by the Entity for the next 20/25/30 seconds.
You will see the auras of all blocked windows for the duration of Cruel Limits.
This effect only triggers once per generator.
- Revoke the nerf to the name. C'mon guys, Cruel CONFINEMENT sounded so much cooler than Cruel LIMITS!
- Rather than upon generator completion, it occurs when generators are halfway done. It also gives you a notification like Tinkerer and reveals the vault auras. So instead of being gimmicky, it'll give you a chance to stop the Survivor's from completing the generator and/or scare them away depending on what Killer you are playing.
- Increased the range from 24 to 32.
- To balance this change, the effect will only trigger once per generator. So, when it triggers on the generator in the Killer shack, it can't be triggered again if you manage to regress it to less than 50%.
---
Mindbreaker
Your distressing presence drains and weakens your prey.
While any Survivor is repairing a generator, they are afflicted with the Exhausted status effect. Any existing Exhausted timers will pause while repairing a generator. After ending the repair action, Survivors are afflicted with the Exhausted status effect for an additional 8/9/10 seconds.
(Optional) When a generator is repaired with more than 65% repair progression, Survivors are afflicted with the Oblivious status effect as well.
(Alt Optional) Any injured Survivors repairing a generator with more than 50% repair progress will be afflicted with the Oblivious status effect as well.
- Mindbreaker now causes Exhaustion regardless of generator progress, up from 50%.
- Increased the Exhaustion applied from 1/2/3 to 8/9/10.
- I'm not too sure about this last one, but I've seen many people ask for it on the forums. When a generator is about three quarters done, an Oblivious status effect will occur on top of Exhaustion. Oblivious will follow the same rules as Exhaustion and linger for 8-10 seconds after getting off of the generator. Personally, I'm fine with or without this last one. This is just an example.
- Post Edit: I added an alternative that I feel much better about. I left the last one for reference.
Comments
Perfect! Close to exactly the changes I would do. None of these look overpowered at all and they all look good enough that people would actually consider running them. Great work!
Thanks a lot! ☺️
Real quick though, for Mindbreaker, which version of Oblivious would you prefer? I’ve been torn between the two while I was writing this.
Alt Optional, so just repairing any past that % will give them Oblivious while repairing.
Oblivious is worth way, way more than Exhaustion.