Sole Survivor Rework
For a few days I was thinking about this perk. It's widely regarded as one of the worst perks as it's meant to act as a stealth perk but activates too late to be of any use. Even if you got it from the start of the game, as seen with Distortion, hiding your aura isn't an amazing thing as there's still many ways a killer can track you. Therefore I propose the following buff:
As more of your friends fall to the killer, you become aware of the fate that awaits you.
Everytime one of your teammates is hooked by the killer gain a token, up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens.
For each token, you gain the following attributes:
Your aura can't be read by the killer within a range of 15 meters (maximum 75 meters).
Scratch marks stay visible for 0.6 seconds less than usual ( maximum 3 seconds).
Grunts of pain are reduced by 20% (maximum 100%).
The frequency of bleeding is reduced by 20% (maximum 100%).
With this change, I want to make this the Laurie's version of the new Dying Light, so her ability to stay hidden and lose Michael increases as he decreases action speed.
For survivors:
Fixes the same problem with old Dying Light as they can use the effects of the perk much earlier.
Allows them to stay hidden in the mid to late game as they don't have to worry about grunts of pain or blood trials.
Gives more opportunities to lose the killer in a chase, which will be more useful as the number of pallets decrease.
Pairs well with Object of Obsession, Fixated, Calm Spirit, Lightweight and Quick and Quiet for being more stealthy.
For killers:
You can find your obsession first and hook them, weakening this perk as you only gain tokens on teammates being hooked and not yourself.
Perks that require you to avoid the obsession (STBFL, Play With Your Food) or perks that cause survivors to scream (Infectious Fright) counter the perk.
Even without perks, you can listen for screams, crows, regular breathing, footsteps or missed skill checks.
Killers like Doctor, Clown or snares Freddy counter the perk.
The five tokens you get reflect the five people killed in the first Halloween (not a point I just thought it was a cool idea)
Of course precise numbers can be changed and some may worry about certain perk combos (Lightweight), but I want to hear what you think of this change.
Comments
I like the idea of the rework a lot! Though I feel like it might have a bit too many advantages. You've basically taken Iron Will and Lightweight and putting it into the perk. So it's like 3 perks in one. I know you have to "work" to get those advantages, but still seems fairly strong. I'm all up for aura reading getting reduced for each hook though, that'd make the game actually useful. Then keep the bleeding effect and grunts reduced by like 50%, so it doesn't overshine Iron Will.
I get what you mean as I thought about this as well, but I don't think it outshines Iron Will or Lightweight. You have those perks from the start while you have to wait for five hooks to be completely silent. Its a matter of if you want to be silent all the time or if you want it later with other benefits.
It may seem like a lot, but I think that killers have lots of other perks and powers to track you like crows, screaming or info perks. Although if I had to compromise I would remove the scratch marks bonus as I want people to use this perk the killer whether healthy or injured. You do raise a good point.