Here we go again...

Every freaking time they update the engine, the sound design gets messed up. The Sound Design has been great since the last couple of patches, but it still took them 2 months to fix the sound issues from the last engine update, and now in the PTB, we're having the worst of the sound problems an engine update has ever presented all over again:

If something that makes sound, like a generator or crying survivor/loud killer, is behind a wall and you are on the opposite side... you don't hear a thing.

This was the biggest issue in patch 1.4.0, which updated the engine, but totally screwed the sound design for 5 months. That was a horrendous time to play killer/survivor, and if they don't fix this before the live release, I fear we'll have to deal with another 2-5 months of crappy sound design, which honestly would be an abhorrent problem for the game, especially after the last update just reeled in so many new players. You'd think that the devs would've learned from previous engine updates, and that they'd know to expect this and do something about it before they go through with the update, but... sigh...

Devs! PLEASE!!! For the sake of the games health, fix this issue before it goes live! I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that NONE of us want to wait another 2-5 months to be able to use sound as an ally... update 1.4.0 was a miserable 5 months for your players and completely screwed everyone over. I really don't want history to repeat itself and I'm certain that I'm not the only one who feels this way, especially on the cusp of the Hallowed Blight event.

Comments

  • I can't hear ######### thanks to the goddamned chase music anyway

  • @joker7997 said:

    I can't hear ######### thanks to the goddamned chase music anyway

    I feel that this goes beyond the music issues, which also took around 5 months to level off to a tolerable level. Don't get me wrong, its not perfect yet, but Its still 10x better than it was after the last engine update wherein you literally couldn't hear anything but the music during a chase. On the plus side, this latest change to the sound design has made the Demogorgon's undetectable status actually mean something since survivors can't hear his stomping from 16 meters away if they are on a gen surrounded by walls, which incidentally makes his Red Moss add-on actually useful and worth the ultra rare price tag. Sadly that's only one positive side effect of the new sound design, and it's not, by any means, what I would consider a "Saving Grace".

    I want to be able to hear Ghost Faces movement at a jungle gym while he is in stealth mode. I want to hear Pig/Shape breathing when they're sneaking up on me, and most of all, I want to be able to track injured survivors by listening to their cries without them disappearing completely the moment they go behind a freaking wall. There's even a Game Tip (those annoying messages on how to play the game when loading a match) that roughly states:

    "When a survivor is injured they make loud noises of pain. If you Listen for it, you will be able to track them better."

    This message becomes pointless in the current PTB build because of this sound design bug. We have a cavalcade of new players in the game that have been spending the last couple of weeks getting used to how sounds are now, and if this isn't fixed for the live release, the devs are only going to alienate them and give them a sense of "buyers remorse". Nobody wants that right? Or is it just you and me that think this way?

  • ... dear god, I really don't want broken sounds go live. It's already bad with the loud chase music, I can't take them getting even worse again.