I've been banned because of a bug?, and now you've stained my steam profile.
I believe I've been banned because of a bug?. I have not cheated on this or any other mp game, in fact, I did "waste" money on this one buying skins, so why would I even cheat.
Now onto the why I believe its a bug:
_I'm only able to play killer (if it is a permaban I shouldn't be able to play anything), but can't play survivor. Now if I was really cheating why would I be banned from playing survivor while I haven't even played survivor lately, not only have I not played the game in almost two months but the last time I played and now two days ago after the steam incident (ddos) I've only played Killer, if I was really cheating shouldn't I then not be allowed to play Killer instead of survivor?.
Then again the only suspicious activity on my part is that I purposedly do not kill survivors sometimes (which to my knoledge its not banneable same as camping); That I sometimes stay still while afk looking at my phone or doing laundry (less than a minute); and lastly two days ago after the steam incident I was standing still near a (completed) generator trying to fix my sound (as I couldn't hear behind me as a killer), which apparently its a problem generated by a windows update disabling the spatial sound (which I fixed after messing around with the sound config).
I have already sent a ticket but I really dislike the ban on my profile so I'm trying to do everything I can in order to speed up the solution to this problem. (that's why I'm posting this here)
TL;DR: Banned but still can play?; banned after the steam ddos incident, not an actual reason for a ban.
Comments
If the game didn't tell you that you have been banned, you are not banned. If you are not banned but you are unable to play only Survivor, that sounds like a gnarly bug that should be reported ASAP.
@Arguzdul
While we can't openly discuss your ban, and or any bans in-general... especially on general discussions, I will advise you take this to the support team if you haven't already and tell them about your situation to see what they can do about it.
This is a strange bug indeed, and I'm sure the support team would be more than happy to assist in your issue.
Here's the link to the support team: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us
Just submit a ticket once the page opens, and wait until it's your turn in line to be answered. Hope everything goes well!
You got the eac ban message in steam?
Also, forget about trying to appeal your ban. The whole ticket thingy is just a show as far as I know, not a single person got ever unbanned unless it was a major fault affecting multiple hundreds of players (for example false flags for using AHK scripts).
Your account is gone. Even when bhvr sees "oh, this is really a mistake of our part" they will probably won't unban you because of their image.
I mean you can try, don't get me wrong. But don't expect much tho.
Giving him no hope will just have him give up you know... it's best he just follows the protocol to report it with the support team and see what they can do, regardless if what you say is true or not.
While I believe it isn't, his report won't be answered within 5 seconds, so it'll take some time before it shows up to them so they can help.
Hello. If you have indeed been banned, we can't help you out here on the forum. I suggest waiting on the ticket answer. It shouldn't take long. Please do not create other tickets since it will delay the answer on your original one.
With that being said if you have been banned, you shouldn't be able to play at all. I'm going to contact you to ask some infos about it.