This is why to me, a SWFs can be fun to face.

Disclaimer

While yes I am aware of the issues that SWFs pose against Killers that don't have a grip on the game yet as a Killer or just got the game. And yes, SWFs can be unfair at times because of the coms they have together which makes it easier to rush a Killer at any rank. Yes, I am aware of all these issues, nobody has to mention the obvious... Alright, lets get into the discussion.

The difference between facing a good SWF and a cheap one

Now, before I can give my opinion on the matter, allow me to give some insight on what specific SWFs i'm talking about. Yes, I like facing against SWFs that know what they're doing. I don't care if they're on coms, that isn't always an issue for me personally. What I'm talking about though, is I like to face SWFs that can utilize everything on the map to the fullest, giving me a good chase and a reason to actually 4k their team.

The difference between that, is I DON'T like facing a SWFs that utilizes still broken mechanics in the game, and generally don't desire a fun experience for me (Shocking I know) and even themselves. Since some SWFs are just out for blood, and are generally overall toxic. While these are my favorite to stomp in the end, I don't always win these and of course I even get 4 man escaped at times by them.

What makes a cheap SWFs stick out from a good SWFs, is that one brags about their win and overall insults the Killer for "You didn't 4k us so that means you lose" Or "You're garbage kid, we all escaped the match LMAO GG EZ NO RE" while the other actually gives me a good chase and makes me strive to best them the next time I find them in the match making.

One is overall toxic and not good for the health of this game, and one is more encouraging to have you beat them. That's the difference between the two, and no... before someone says it "Are you salty because you lost to a SWFs that was toxic? Grow up please..." No, I take all loses as room to improve despite how toxic or not they're. Its just the overall experience is something I want to get across here.

Now before I can get into the main point of this post, I want to address something I mentioned above, and it's quite important to the main point of this post... So bare with me here ha ha...

The sharp decline in motivation and skill overtime

For me, over time I've noticed a decline in... how do I say this... motivation? And in turn this effects the overall skill of each match I play. I noticed that a lot of people I used to have a challenge with are no longer challenging but also that they hardly play anymore or even try to play to their fullest.

But this doesn't apply to people I've faced in the past when I was a noobie. This applies to everyone now... Since, I noticed that overtime, more and more people don't actually care about surviving and in turn don't actually "try" in a match anymore. Which in turn, either leaves me unfulfilled, or just in-general not challenged.

Now of course, I am not god at this game, and I have my own mistakes that I continue to do when I play with good teams. And yes, before someone chimes in and says "You can't improve against broken mechanics and overall broken loops though!" And yes, you're right... to an extent... you actually CAN improve against these by knowing each route the Survivor takes to utilize the loop to their fullest, OR you can just instinctively know that either A.) a Survivor is not worth chasing when there are weaker Survivors to chase to gain a snowball effect and B.) Not every loop is as broken as some people believe they're... Because overtime you view the loop from a Survivors perspective while as a Killer...

Does this apply to everyone right now? No... Does it apply to the majority of players in this game? I can't for sure if that's a yes or a no... But... Does this apply to Red Ranks? To an extent yes. While this could very well only be happening to me, I came to a conclusion that overtime as I've played, I noticed less and less people actually competing and overall enjoying a good chase... It's mostly about easy wins and BPs now it seems...

Of course, like I said, this doesn't apply to everyone. But somewhere in the community, a sharp decline in motivation and overall care to actually try is present... And that's something that really does make the game less fun to play... for me personally.

The limitations of Killers and especially m1 Killers

This part will be brief, but I felt it should get its own section... Each Killer is limited to what they're given, and in most cases, Billy and Nurse can end a chase faster than say... Wraith, Legion, Clown, Myers, etc.

This is due to how the maps currently are, and how they don't favor M1 Killers as a whole, or Killers in-general. Maps that have say the massive window loop like iron-works, or crotus with the 4 100% safe pallets with the integrated infinite in it. Or even the Wretched Shop loop with the HUGE window loop that requires blood lusting to get a Survivor out of...

I understand this, and while it poses to be an issue ESPECIALLY against a SWFs, I am adamant to say that all these loops don't really pose as much as an issue within a game as some believe. (For the most part...)

No, I don't think these loops shouldn't be fixed, of course they should they're from a dead era of DBD when infinites, and in-general no blood lusting existed... The concept for each of these maps should be changed to reflect the current age of DBD, a better age, and overall should have sections on each loop to be more useful for Survivors while taking away the aspect of what made them broken. No, I don't think we should cripple Survivors to have literally nothing to use against Killers, I just don't think massive window loops and pallet loops are the way to a healthy and overall fun experience for Survivors.

For example, we don't need a massive window loop for Wretched Shop to be an effective map, you just need more... smaller loops, to use for Survivors while taking away the massive crutch of the map.

But back to my point, yes, I am aware of ALL OF THIS! And I know how hard it can be for some Killers due to how their powers differ against others that can counter these loops... I know this, and I know it plays a heavy factor when facing a SWFs, but what I do know for sure... Is that regardless if the loop is broken or now, I know a coordinated team can utilize loops that're no so good to still waste a lot of time...

Despite how these maps are made, and how some people abuse these broken spots, I've still faced Survivors that know how to counter mind-games and effective waste a Killers time while his/her teammates fix generators... a minute in a chase can do a lot for a Survivor team...

Why I love facing a coordinated SWF team

Now we're getting into the main point EVERYONE came to read... I think. Recently I noticed that during the times of 10PM to 12AM EST, is when a lot of the SWF teams come out of the wood works to play... This could very well just be because the Blood Hunt was ending... But I digress.

These teams (for the most part) were highly aware of what they were doing, and overall actually gave me a run for my money that I haven't had in months... These teams knew what to do, how to use each loop to the fullest, had an awareness of all pallets and windows on each map, and were coordinated in and outside of coms.

THIS, is what I enjoy the most from this game. A challenge, something to strive to beat, and something to improve against overall. While people would like to argue that a coordinated SWFs is almost impossible to beat, I'd like to put your attention on a simple question right here...

Do YOU believe that all SWFs are impossible to beat no matter what? And why? And while you all may have different answers to this question, I want everyone to focus on my answer for now. To me personally, I believe all SWFs are beatable. No matter what. I believe that someone can overcome the mechanics of this game that seem to favor Killers with powers outside M1, with sheet, raw, and concentrated will power!

Now this may sound cheesy, and overall stupid, but hear me out. If you improve overtime to learn all points of the map, you can effectively mind-game a SWFs to get some kills in or at best kill them all... It all comes down to a snowball effect, and overall management of your generators.

A coordinated team will know to work on generators no matter what, while the person in the chase will have you chase them for as long as possible... This is where you need to be aware of some key things in a chase. You need to know if its worth it, if the Survivor is skilled enough to continue the chase for more than a minute, and if the generators in the map are being effectively worked on or not...

This knowledge will overall benefit you with any Killer, and overall improve your gameplay. These are some key points I focus on within a Trial, and of course it doesn't ALWAYS work, but it shows to be an effective mind-set indeed. Now of course, I sometimes fall victim to chasing someone for way too long and it costs me a generator or two, this could either be because I lost track of time, or am too immersed in the chase itself...

But overall, I love the challenge in each chase. Of course I don't like to lose shamefully, nobody does... But I love the concept that losing can help me improve for the next game, it can help me learn overall when I've already learned so much already... It lets me experience how some loops can be used to the fullest and what to do against them next time, it lets me experience the joy of winning the next time I face a good SWF team, it lets me... just have fun... Something that I haven't really had lately when playing anymore.

The matches I had, the feeling of losing and overall how it made me feel like a bad player, was overall the most fun I've had in months of playing DBD... It's something I really do enjoy, and I love that I can find more SWFs because of the match making change now... (Before someone says it, yes I know this still poses and issue for friends that want to play, that's a different discussion...)

For me, this is fun, and I can understand why nobody wants to play hyper sweaty all the time or in-general, but to me... This is what I loved about the game when I first played, and i'm glad to experience it again after such a long time... It really does open my eyes to everything within the game, it lets me experience loss, it lets me experience the pleasure of winning against a challenge again!

It truly is... a good game... a gg, and to me this really does motivate me to keep playing, if I didn't have that, than I don't know... Would I still play? I couldn't for sure.

A question for anyone who reads this post

I asked this question above, but I want to ask it here also. This question will help me understand the perspective of everyone reading this post, and overall let me see everyones opinions against a SWFs and why they love/hate facing them.

The question is: Do YOU believe that all SWFs are impossible to beat no matter what? And why?

tl;dr

I love facing against coordinated SWFs teams, I love the feeling of losing so that I can improve. Of course everyone wants to win, and nobody wants to lose... but losing really does help you improve overall, so you can win more often.

I love facing SWFs that can give me a challenge with any Killer, teams that know what they're doing outside of coms and when using coms. I love the satisfaction of beating the same team after a huge loss. And this is something I haven't felt in months since I've come back to the game, and it's something I really did miss...

To me, a challenge is everything within a game I put so much time into. And I feel that this is why I truly do love facing against a SWFs, it lets me strive to win against them, and either win or lose. And if I lose, it lets me focus on improving even more than I already have, and beating them the next time!

And while I know the limitations of all Killers (Except Nurse, shes broken.) I really do love to win with Killers that're considered worse than others, it lets people see them more often and overall lets me improve when them to get even better as a Killer main overall. I can understand for others why SWFs are an issue with how the maps still currently are, but for me, this is the best challenge I could get at the time in the game and it really is a welcoming thing once again.

Despite some SWFs being toxic or not, if they can give me a challenge than I'm thankful for the game overall. Despite if they're childish or encouraging... But regardless, if I ever do consistently find these teams... It really does motivate me to continue to play even more, and I feel that motivation kind of depends on it in some way...

Comments

  • I updated some things in the post, but the overall point still stands.

  • Playing against SWF can be both fun and frustrating, for sure :P

    The best advice I could give anyone that feels frustration is to always play your matches out - I literally cannot count the number of games vs 3-4 man SWF I've loaded into with a 'bad' killer (played Trapper all throughout 2x BP because I was pretty much super shrekked all weekend and turned my brain off ;3 ), had ruin blow up within a minute, 2-3 gens pop within a the first couple of minutes, got clowned around by the survivor in my first chase, so there's 1-2 gens left, and still got 3-4 multi-hook kills.

    Granted, there are some scenarios like this that may be unwinnable, but you'd be surprised how far you can get in this game (on either side) through sheer force of will/tenacity.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Playing against SWF can be both fun and frustrating, for sure :P

    The best advice I could give anyone that feels frustration is to always play your matches out - I literally cannot count the number of games vs 3-4 man SWF I've loaded into with a 'bad' killer (played Trapper all throughout 2x BP because I was pretty much super shrekked all weekend and turned my brain off ;3 ), had ruin blow up within a minute, 2-3 gens pop within a the first couple of minutes, got clowned around by the survivor in my first chase, so there's 1-2 gens left, and still got 3-4 multi-hook kills.

    Granted, there are some scenarios like this that may be unwinnable, but you'd be surprised how far you can get in this game (on either side) through sheer force of will/tenacity.

    In-general, the best experience you'll get from the game is facing a coordinated team whether its a SWF or not. Coms or no coms, if the team knows what to do they'll do it correctly without fail.

    That doesn't mean its impossible, its just that it'll be a lot harder than a standard team, which I absolutely strive to find when playing as Killer, as the regular standard matches get so boring over time its ridiculous...

  • I don't really strive for anything after getting the R1 achievement.

    I just gotta whack those annoying people that keep starting campfires in the woods :(

    Followed one group all the way back to Springwood, last time. Luckily, the Entity has a great comp package, and all my mileage/meals are covered (assuming I 2K or higher).

  • @Raccoon said:

    I don't really strive for anything after getting the R1 achievement.

    I just gotta whack those annoying people that keep starting campfires in the woods :(

    Followed one group all the way back to Springwood, last time. Luckily, the Entity has a great comp package, and all my mileage/meals are covered (assuming I 2K or higher).

    It's just a personal enjoyment I get out of the game now, as in the past it was about many things due to everything being new to me.

    But I almost have like 11 Killers P3-50 now, and have slowed down to conserve the progress for later, that, and I also almost have all the achievements done, the only issue is the Taking One For The Team one, which takes awhile.

    What i'm saying is, it's just something to look forward too when playing, as the same motivation I had as a noob doesn't exist anymore these days. But we'll see what the future holds.

  • I haven't prestiged anyone, but I think I am just gonna play each killer individually (IE stick with Trapper, move to the right once he is done) until I unlock all perks on everyone.

    The Bloodweb Update was a much needed change.

    I'm sincerely glad that you enjoy the game :3

  • @Raccoon said:

    I haven't prestiged anyone, but I think I am just gonna play each killer individually (IE stick with Trapper, move to the right once he is done) until I unlock all perks on everyone.

    The Bloodweb Update was a much needed change.

    I'm sincerely glad that you enjoy the game :3

    To a degree I do yes, hopefully that won't end anytime soon but who knows. I also enjoy the blood-web update as the for the other 10 P3-50 Killers before Demogorgon was P3-50 took awhile to get them to the right levels and perk set up...

    It can really be a pain to grind, but it is a grind after all.

  • Cool wall of text, now go watch TrU3's latest Legion video to see why a lot of killers would rather uninstall than ever face another swf again.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    Cool wall of text, now go watch TrU3's latest Legion video to see why a lot of killers would rather uninstall than ever face another swf again.

    To each their own.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    Cool wall of text, now go watch TrU3's latest Legion video to see why a lot of killers would rather uninstall than ever face another swf again.

    Cool wall of "Literally didn't read the thread, as getting blown up for the majority of a game using a low-tier killer and then managing to bring it back to a 3/4k is literally a point brought up in the 3rd post."

    Is it super hard/stressful to do? God, yes.

    Does it feel good, manz? God, yes.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723922#Comment_723922

    Cool wall of "Literally didn't read the thread, as getting blown up for the majority of a game using a low-tier killer and then managing to bring it back to a 3/4k is literally a point brought up in the 3rd post."

    Is it super hard/stressful to do? God, yes.

    Does it feel good, manz? God, yes.

    "Bring it back" LMFAO you mean when survivors decide to play badly after they genrush you in 3-4 minutes?

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724056#Comment_724056

    "Bring it back" LMFAO you mean when survivors decide to play badly after they genrush you in 3-4 minutes?

    Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night, implied biases and all :(

    I know you're just going through your angsty "I watch streamers play and know more than most people" phase.

    You'll grow past it, I'm sure, as you get better at the game.