Why not have a visible player count?
On the main screen, show how many players are online, then split it to show survivor/killer lobbies which are active. That way we have at least some idea why wait times are so long.
I'm typing this now while at the seven minute mark in my killer lobby. My previous match had a six minute lobby time (it was also a squash match, another four man with comms that felt the need to gloat about their superiority. BP events bring out the worst).
I'd just like some indication as to what the lobby times would be like. If I saw five thousand survivors waiting in lobby, vs eight thousand active killer lobbies, I could at least understand long wait times. As it stands, I only put in three or four matches a day, since I'm waiting almost entire match lengths just to get INTO a match.
Comments
The more obfuscated the game's inner workings, the more power BHVR has over us shrubs.
Honestly, I was wanting to know the same thing.
CoD can do it with the player count in matches
BHVR can do it too
If not a player count, a "Killer vs Survivor Match Making" count would be nice. It seems to really swing from hour to hour which one is going to take forever to make a match. If there was a (similar to what Overwatch) clock for "Average Killer Wait Time" and "Average Survivor Wait Time", then I'd know to hop into one or the other.
Didn't they mention in one of their live streams that a killer/survivor ratio was to come? I am sure they did but can't remember what part of the roadmap it was.
Please correct me if I'm wrong though.