How do I tell if people are trying to farm?

Been playing DBD for a few months now and this is my first bloodhunt. Reading lots of posts complaining about people farming. I assumed gameplay style would change during this type of event. I'm a little confused as what constitutes farming vs regular play.

I'm assuming it's all about maximizing bp by running perks and add-ons that award the most extra bp. Is that it? A lot of people have been talking about how much more toxic everyone is during bloodhunt. What specifically is more toxic than normal? Wearing cosmetics that blend in with the environment better? Using the rarer add-ons that have arbitrarily been deemed "OP" by the community.

Being new to online vs games I've come to understand that there is an unspoken (and also COMPLETELY arbitrary) set of rules (ettiquite) invented by the community that go far beyond any actual rules of the devs intended gameplay (official rules.)

I've been playing mostly the same except for changing up some builds here and there. Can anyone please explain the ettiquite of farming and why it is accepted by some and looked down upon by others during this event?

Comments

  • on xbox or ps4 the killers will ask to farm. The way to know if they are farming is when they hook everyone once , but then down and let everyone heal. they will also swing at things for you to interact with.

  • Well, it's a good indication if the killer lets you wiggle off their shoulder.

  • To generally tell a Killer is farming is they either down you/Survivor and take them to a gen and repeatedly smack the Gen & let the Survivor wiggle off (I do this & run off to get more Survivors the same way)

    OR

    Killer will make head movements and smack a Gen and not make an offensive move against a Survivor to convey not a threat.

    For Survivors, they tend go send messages, crouch at the Killer and remain in essentially a submissive display, drop their item at a Killer's feet and/or point at Gens.

    As far as how to...

    Killers: Rotate Hooking everyone twice, letting everyone heal each other up. Smack and grab everyone, let them work on Gens, but be sure to kick them occasionally and let them drop pallets on ya. Be sure to use your ability to max out points. Generally speaking, nice Killers will let all or 3/4 escape. But sometimes others will farm then kill.


    Survicors: Pretty much following the above steps but reversed role. Get unhooks, heal people, run away from the Killer for chase points, slam pallets on the Killer and work on Gens and possibly exit gates.

  • I wish I could hook them twice. But I risk them giving up hope and not struggling.

  • @Mr_K said:

    I wish I could hook them twice. But I risk them giving up hope and not struggling.

    @Mr_K Twice? I had a series last night where they kept giving up on first hook. Pissed me off enough that I just went survivor the rest of the night.

  • @Kilmeran I hear you. Had the same issue yesterday. Worst were the ones DCing. I want my BBQ stacks damnit.