I have been having the worst luck with decisive strike
Lately, I feel like I have been playing with 3 perks and ds is just in the 4th slot to look pretty.
Either the killers just k n o w I have ds and leave me on the ground (fair)
Or for some reason survivors refuse to save and would rather work on gens or just sit there staring at me, leaving me one or two hooked (annoying)
I would replace ds with kindred but I just know that when I do, I will either get unhooked without borrowed time or I would be even more frustrated if I have kindred tier 3 equipped and I still get left hung out to dry.
Comments
DS is just one of those perks where you don't want to take it off once you start using it, like adrenaline or BT. So many situations happen where you're thinking "If only I had DS equipped." whenever you don't have it.
I've always thought it would make sense for Slippery Meat to speed up the wiggle meter when being carried by a killer.
It's good to pair with Unbreakable for when killers do just leave you lying there to wait out the timer.
I find that it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Worst case scenario, the killer sees that there's an obsession and doesn't try to hook you again. You can use unbreakable or have another survivor run over and give you a quick tap, no hook state required. Best case scenario, the killer tunnels you and you DS them, buying everyone else a ton more time to do generators.
I've taken it off many times before and always regretted it. It really makes you realize just how often it could have come in handy.
I agree but I really would rather not take off borrowed time. That bites me in the butt when I don’t have it.
Isn't sad when even red ranks unhook you when being chased without BT...
Or even better idea. . . What if Slippery Meat came with a certain percent chance that the killer drops you while hooking you and is stunned. That could be fun!
I keep Decisive Strike for insurance. I find that I may not use it all that often due to being slugged or being a bonehead and missing the skill check, but I am certain that the second I take it off, my next matches will all be times that I’ll need it but won’t have it anymore. Even if I try other builds for fun, the first thing I’ll think about is “I wish I had DS” after a few matches. As a result, I never take it off.
Whatever that "alternative" is/becomes would be added to the build..... I as a player know what sort of power DS has, so if I recieve a perk that's like DS I would run em both...... just like players did with MoM.
In-general, DS is just a anti-tunnelers insurance. It's not something to really rely on to give you a second chance like it used to be... The way it was designed before was utterly broken, and it had literally zero counter play due to it just being a free escape.
DS can be useful if the Killer doesn't tunnel you but magically downs you before the timer runs out, but if you're sure the Killer doesn't tunnel, than the perk is useless... It's good to have it just in-case, but if you're in like Red or Purple ranks, you'll hardly find a tunneler, I mean you will but its rare... Its very useful at Green since tunnelers in-habit Green Ranks a lot for some reason... Same with campers.
I've missed the DS skill check the last two times I needed it. Three if you include the time I forgot about it and didn't even try to hit it.
I can honestly say that I've never loaded up DS. I'm just not much for one-time use perks. Adrenaline, DS, etc. I'd rather perks that work the whole match instead of situational perks.
90% of my games DS activates, it's still imo too strong.
As killer I always assume every single survivor has it because at rank 1 that's usually the case. If it's not all 4 it's 3. Basically the same scenario as BT, you always assume they have it because they usually do.
Not that itd be a bad thing... as long as it doesnt become another MoM situation
I'm in the same boat. I have DS equipped but it rarely comes into play for the reasons you state. Even with kindred, I'd say 75-80% of the time I die on first hook. Teammates just are either too selfish or too scared to get me off the hook. Three times tonight, I've had killers slugging at zero gens complete. It's nice when DS works but it's rare for me that it does.