Honest question about the new matchmaking

I haven't had the time to try it out so maybe you can explain to me what is going to happen.

I play a fair amount of Solo Survivor so I am R2 currently. I also play with a close friend often and she is around R10 most of the time.

So what happens if we play SWF? will the lobby be filled with 2 other Red Ranks against a Red Rank Killer? If that is the case I would really say it is OK, even though my friend will likely be boosted because 3 Reds can carry one green rank (against the right killer)

Adding another friend with ~R10 still gives us another R1 Survivor?


So the only time the match making screwes groups of friends is when there are 4 of them and one is not just a casual...

Comments

  • It always takes the highest ranking survivor now. For example: Rank1 + Rank20 + Rank1 + Rank1 = Rank 1 killer. Before the change those would have beenn queued with a Rank6 killer, which is pretty much GG from there. Its to prevent high rank survivors from bullying low rank killers.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    It always takes the highest ranking survivor now. For example: Rank1 + Rank20 + Rank1 + Rank1 = Rank 1 killer. Before the change those would have beenn queued with a Rank6 killer, which is pretty much GG from there. Its to prevent high rank survivors from bullying low rank killers.

    Not sure why, but I faced a SWF with a rank 4 and rank 15 and I'm rank 10 as killer, is the matchmaking normal there?

  • Thank you @ABannedCat!

    The more I think about the matchmaking, the more I think that there is no perfect solution.

  • @Bleediss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711241#Comment_711241

    Not sure why, but I faced a SWF with a rank 4 and rank 15 and I'm rank 10 as killer, is the matchmaking normal there?

    That could just be a lack of players searching for matches at the time

    It should be a rare occurrence

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I assume it just pretends everyone is the same rank as whoever the highest rank in the lobby is.

    So if you have a rank 3, 8 and 10 in your group, matchmaking will just match you up as if you were a rank 3, 3, and 3, both for the killer and for random survivors also joining in.

    This can be ok for you and your friend, yo choose to play with him and you know what will happen. But in few days you'll see that no other suvivor will want to play with you. Because is a 4k for the killer, so lobby dodge

  • @Danielgdp3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711272#Comment_711272

    That could just be a lack of players searching for matches at the time

    It should be a rare occurrence

    Might be. Had another long queue time, faced a rank 4, 7, 16, and 20 (I think), wasn't told if they were a SWF but I have to assume they were due to the ranks.