SLOW GEN SPEED DOWN ALREADY!

I have enough to be Gen rushed even with ruin! Do something already geez! Ruin should be basekit for Killer's or add a new objective that MUST be done before repairing Gen's.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Kikki How many games have you played where you have been gen rushed with ruin? It sounds like you want ruin to make gen progress almost impossible to complete. Not all survivors are able to hit these skill checks.

  • secondary objective? - yes.

    ruin as basekit? - no.


    i have my reasons to dislike the perk, one of them being that it draws unwanted attention to the totems and therefore screws other Hex perks that you are trying to hide from them, like Devour Hope.

    also, ruin as basekit can not be the solution, due to how unfun that would be for survivors.

    thats why there have to be fun and interactive secondary - but mandatory - objectives before the generators are being unlocked.

  • If you want ruin then use it. It isn’t even a good perk honestly, also, it is your job to kill the survivors and in order to do that, you have to stop them from doing gens.

  • @Kikki said:

    I have enough to be Gen rushed even with ruin! Do something already geez! Ruin should be basekit for Killer's or add a new objective that MUST be done before repairing Gen's.

    New objective plus old BT and old DS becoming survivor basekit.

  • @GrootDude said:

    If you want ruin then use it. It isn’t even a good perk honestly, also, it is your job to kill the survivors and in order to do that, you have to stop them from doing gens.

    Any advice for killers wanting to get away from Ruin?

    I have very mixed feelings about the perk for a number of reasons, but I've yet to discover a similarly potent tool for slowing the game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I felt like the last couple of days that 2 gens we’re getting done by the time I could get 1 survivor hooked.

    Then yesterday I played some games as Doctor again without ruin where i was able to patrol gens / apply pressure and get one or more hooks faster.

    I dunno. Maybe it’s because sometimes us killers go up against coordinated SWF vs non-SWF.

    It is precisely this -- if you go up against better survivors they can outplay you. In this case you need to step up your game and apply pressure on them more. This game is a big strategic game of skill. The players with better skills who outplay their opponents get the advantage.

  • @Kikki said:

    I have enough to be Gen rushed even with ruin! Do something already geez! Ruin should be basekit for Killer's or add a new objective that MUST be done before repairing Gen's.

    I think there should be one more final step after the gens are done in order to power the gates , what that thing is? Idk

  • @Xboned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709358#Comment_709358

    Any advice for killers wanting to get away from Ruin?

    I have very mixed feelings about the perk for a number of reasons, but I've yet to discover a similarly potent tool for slowing the game.

    I use PGTW, it works well for me.

  • This should've been taken care of long before the last gen pops there are only five totems to cleanse it's not hard to beat and especially with inner strength out now more people should be getting totems

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709358#Comment_709358

    Yes, place them on the hook and facecamp them so all of the other 3 come to the rescue, like our big bubba over here

    /s

    I don’t camp unless it is endgame/ people are swarming the hook.