Why did the system depip me just because random players DC from the match?

I got depip just because random players DC from the match and find that kind of unfair and would like to know why?🤔

https://vimeo.com/361566745

Comments

  • Because otherwise DCing will become a valid strategy to avoid de-pipping.

  • @Mochan said:

    Because otherwise DCing will become a valid strategy to avoid de-pipping.

    That makes no sense. Like im a solo player and these guys just randomly dc because thing was not going their way and I get depip just because they all dced...... Makes no Sense.

  • Because the ranking system SUCKS. It wasn't designed with some important situations in mind.

  • @SnakeSound222 The system wasn't designed with any semblance of knowledge of how a ranking system is supposed to work.

    My eldest son, at one point, was in Full Sail years ago. And I literally saw better ranking and matchmaking systems designed from students years away from a degree.


  • @KillorRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703204#Comment_703204

    That makes no sense. Like im a solo player and these guys just randomly dc because thing was not going their way and I get depip just because they all dced...... Makes no Sense.

    Ignoring that the people who designed the rank system had no idea what they were doing, letting people keep their pips when someone (whether solo or swf) disconnects just incentivizes DCs further.

    I get that it's bad how innocent people can be punished, but until we get better DC punishments it's not gonna get any better. There are still obvious design flaws to this game.

  • I have escaped as Survivor and depipped lol.

    I’ve seen streamers 4K (very poorly) and depip.