Why are people disconnecting when playing against The Spirit?

This happens almost every match when I'm playing as survivor and I'm left either by myself or with one other person

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I hate cry baby survivors. It’s a game so what you’re “not having fun” every game isn’t going to be a cake walk. It’s called a challenge. But I forget that most people who play this game are kids who don’t know what hard work means and they want everything easy lmao. Git gud.

    • Survivor Main
  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    If you want to practice playing against a Spirit I would recommend the following build:

    • Fixated
    • No Mither
    • Iron will
    • Exhaustion perk of your choice

    The idea is to use Fixated to help you get used to what the Spirit sees. And then use No Mither + Iron will to simulate being healthy but disabling the Fixated walk speed buff, because that walk speed lets you do extra jukes and you don't want to have to rely on that.

    Once you are comfortable with manipulating your scratchmarks you can take off those perks (besides the exhaustion perk) and run your normal build. The same jukes will still work but now you can get hit twice, after the first game you need to use different jukes because scratchmark jukes alone won't work while injured.

    You are joking, right?

    Number 1.) How would the player know he would be going up against a spirit before the match start?

    Number 2.) You understand how much of a bad perk no mither is, right?

    Other then that, I don't see anything wrong with your statement .

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/701182#Comment_701182

    You are joking, right?

    Number 1.) How would the player know he would be going up against a spirit before the match start?

    Number 2.) You understand how much of a bad perk no mither is, right? You are a one shot meaning you are going every m1 killer an easy win as you chase time won't even reach up to 20 seconds.

    Number 3.)You guys list all this type of way to "counter" spirit as if a suriviour knows the killer they are up against.

    Sorry, but I had to make these type of things clear because some killer mains say it is "easy to counter any killer" usually as if suriviours know what killer you are, the add ons you have and perks.

    This isn't a build to counter the Spirit. This is a build to simulate being healthy, but also negate the Fixated speed buff while keeping the scratchmarks portion.

    If you want a build to ACTUALLY counter the Spirit I would pick:

    • Spine Chill
    • Fixated
    • Dead hard
    • Iron Will

    But that won't help you learn her counters, it will just lead to you relying on perks that hard counter her.

    The build I proposed is fundamentally different in that it isn't trying to be a good build, that simply isn't the point in the first place. It is simply a build that lets you see your scratchmarks so you can understand what the Spirit is seeing a bit better thus helping you make sense of where you are going wrong in any given encounter and what kinds of jukes can work or not.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706914#Comment_706914

    This isn't a build to counter the Spirit. This is a build to simulate being healthy, but also negate the Fixated speed buff while keeping the scratchmarks portion.

    If you want a build to ACTUALLY counter the Spirit I would pick:

    • Spine Chill
    • Fixated
    • Dead hard
    • Iron Will

    But that won't help you learn her counters, it will just lead to you relying on perks that hard counter her.

    The build I proposed is fundamentally different in that it isn't trying to be a good build, that simply isn't the point in the first place. It is simply a build that lets you see your scratchmarks so you can understand what the Spirit is seeing a bit better thus helping you make sense of where you are going wrong in any given encounter and what kinds of jukes can work or not.

    If you call no mither being "healthy " here, we got a problem.

    You should know as I'm assuming you are a high rank killer that scratch marks isn't the only way a killef can track a survivor. You can hear a suriviour noise when they are in a full health state.

    There are also crows which basically helps gives out the suriviour location usually.

    Other then that. Now that you have made it clear to me what you were saying, I don't see the problem with your point at all. I thought at first you were ignorant.

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706919#Comment_706919

    If you call no mither being "healthy " here, we got a problem.

    You should know as I'm assuming you are a high rank killer that scratch marks isn't the only way a killef can track a survivor. You can hear a suriviour noise when they are in a full health state.

    There are also crows which basically helps gives out the suriviour location usually.

    Other then that. Now that you have made it clear to me what you were saying, I don't see the problem with your point at all. I thought at first you were ignorant.

    It's an imperfect approximation given the limitations of the game.

    There is no blood or grunts and that's good enough for our purposes.

  • @Austin_HopeFull said:

    From my experience as a Rank 1 Spirit main (don't mean to boast, sorry), a lot of people DC against Spirit players because they don't understand how to properly avoid her. Some of the people I went against have used Iron Will and Spine Chill, but they still DC because it isn't effective. Sure, they know I'm looking at them and I can't hear them when they're injured, but they don't properly juke me when they're still injured. I'm not saying that she isn't balanced, I know for a fact that she isn't balanced in some aspects. But people tend to forget that the skill of the person playing Spirit can factor in as well as the perks they use and the add-ons (Prayer Beads, Yakuyoke Amulet, you get the idea). Sometimes - like others said in this discussion - people don't like playing against her for a random reason. It's not that she's unfun to play against - I enjoy going against other Spirits - it's just people forget some factors that they need to recognize, and maybe they'll have a better chance at winning. Idk, this is just what I think.

    Juking Spirit is almost impossible without Iron Will. Good spirits are almost impossible to juke even with Iron Will. There's a skill threshold to spirit, but to be effective it's very low and most people can get great results with her with a little practice.

    Spirit is just not fun because she is too strong in the chase, is too hard to mindgame, and is very difficult to juke. There aren't many options to survive against her. She is a killer where survivors have to rely on her to make mistakes to survive.

    Kind of like the opposite of that popular killer propaganda where at Red ranks killers can only win if survivors make mistakes.

    And you are a Rank 1 Spirit, you are a rare case, like maybe .001% of the DBD population that actually enjoys fighting spirit. I have a lot more fun fighting Nurse than Spirit.

  • @DBDbuildsYT said:

    Because bhvr let them, this tactic of dcing worked against legion and nurse to get them nerfed now they are applying it to spirit. And it will work again

    Nurse hasn't even been nerfed yet, and most people stopped auto-DCing against Nurse a long time ago.

    I know this doesn't fit your narrative, but the truth is often a bitter pill for people like you.

  • @derperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/701782#Comment_701782

    I think this is true.

    I've had some survivors shake me easily by running one direction for a moment when they think I've started phasing, and then quickly turn around to retrace their steps while walking. My dumbface phases outside the range to hear their grunts of pain, then quickly realizes there are no more tracks to follow, and no grass is moving. So, I cancel the power, and scan for them just to realize that Whispers isn't even lit up anymore.

    You can actually see who the novices are by what they post.

    It's very clear you're a bit of a novice who doesn't know how to play killer very well.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/701204#Comment_701204

    Juking Spirit is almost impossible without Iron Will. Good spirits are almost impossible to juke even with Iron Will. There's a skill threshold to spirit, but to be effective it's very low and most people can get great results with her with a little practice.

    Spirit is just not fun because she is too strong in the chase, is too hard to mindgame, and is very difficult to juke. There aren't many options to survive against her. She is a killer where survivors have to rely on her to make mistakes to survive.

    Kind of like the opposite of that popular killer propaganda where at Red ranks killers can only win if survivors make mistakes.

    And you are a Rank 1 Spirit, you are a rare case, like maybe .001% of the DBD population that actually enjoys fighting spirit. I have a lot more fun fighting Nurse than Spirit.

    I understand where you're coming from and I understand your opinion. But there are a couple of options that people have that most survivors used against me, I've done this myself and it worked a few times:

    Survivors can juke her using scratch mark jukes, use Diversion, since it gains charges due to her Husk Terror Radius and her own terror radius, switch their gameplay around by using stealth. Spirit can be an easy killer to read as long as you pay attention to how she uses her power, if she reacts to noise notifications quickly or poorly, does she heavily pay attention to the scratch marks or does she depend on audio to figure out where survivors are. (I'm assuming you probably know most of this, but hear me out).

  • Because they are not good enough to face her

1 2 3 ›